• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2019 Polaris line up

They better make a statement in the mountain sled segment releasing on the 5th of march because if they don't Cat with that new suspension will dominate the sled media.

They better make a statement in the mountain sled segment releasing on the 5th of march because if they don't Cat with that new suspension will dominate the sled media.

That new “thing” that Cat released is heavier then the 2014 PRO RMK so I don’t see it dominating anything.

I hope they do something in the trail line up. More IGX style suspensions. Something to compete with the 850 one. Stock for stock similar setups the 850 is quicker and faster.

I think they are going to release a turbo 4stroke.

A value sled like the renegade 600 carb would also be a good move. I know the dealers around here sold tons of them. 10K out the door in a 600 with 4yr warranty is hard to compete with. Just my thoughts. I might be buying my first skidoo since the late 90's for the wife. Waiting to see what going to be released first.

I'm guessing but I think the monorail cat skid may work in the deeper stuff but will probably be a nightmare in anything else at all. Due to its total lack of stability. I don't mountain ride but I'm thinking there is more to a machine than it's ability to tip it on edge.i also forecast track issues. I do like the out of box move though. I'll give them that.

I hope they do something in the trail line up. More IGX style suspensions. Something to compete with the 850 one. Stock for stock similar setups the 850 is quicker and faster.

I think they are going to release a turbo 4stroke.

A value sled like the renegade 600 carb would also be a good move. I know the dealers around here sold tons of them. 10K out the door in a 600 with 4yr warranty is hard to compete with. Just my thoughts. I might be buying my first skidoo since the late 90's for the wife. Waiting to see what going to be released first.
Your right on the 600 doo being a decent value sled. The 850 thing idk about that I've seen (like anything else ) faster ones AND slower ones. I believe that shipped has now sailed for doo. They had the fastest 850 class sled when they were the only one. I'm pretty sure that's about to change on both accounts . Doo released that new turbo or should I say TURD-BO .way underpowered compared to the other 900 plus cc turbo sleds. BUT it will sell well im sure. I just don't get why really. The doo crew are all excited about a 150hp turbo that's laughable. Then they are all gassed up about cranking them up. Again I don't get it. Take a underperformer that's gonna get destroyed stock and then crank it up to compete with the others and get destroyed by the others again when they crank it up too. Idk. to each thier own .

I'm guessing but I think the monorail cat skid may work in the deeper stuff but will probably be a nightmare in anything else at all. Due to its total lack of stability. I don't mountain ride but I'm thinking there is more to a machine than it's ability to tip it on edge.i also forecast track issues. I do like the out of box move though. I'll give them that.
I think the media will like the gimmickiest trend at least at first

Last edited:
I just don't foresee any bang here. No PR hype prior to the launch on anything. Everyone recalls the 2015 rollout. Had us looking at frame by frame video of the early commercials looking for clues.

My guess. 129 conventional tunnel (maybe a 137 option but I doubt it) 840 twin. 168-172 hp. 850 doo killer. Doo had the fastest 850 class sled when they had the only 850 class sled. They are about to have the second fastest sled in the 850(840) class. Oh and a 1.5 storm track option.

Check out the new video at Polaris Snowmobiles on FB. MORE is coming today. It'd definitely a new engine. The question is, did they lead with a new 600 and a new 850 to follow next year or vice versa???

Lenn did you have an opportunity to discuss the movement of cyl bolts to accomadate better transfer ports. If so did the engineers frame the talk as the transfers were adaquate or di they say they are plenty big or something like that. I'm hoping for Big transfers or a lot of extra meat in cyl. To make em big. This has been a limiting factor on 800 cfi. Monoblocks

I had a long discussion with the head of engine development, his name was Dallas. He had a cut-a-way of the new engine on display. This cut-a-way will be on the tour if you can make it to one of the events. We didn't discuss what your asking. But from what I saw myself, the transfers look to be larger than the 800 block. The Patriot 850 shares nothing in common with the Liberty 800.

Lenn did you have an opportunity to discuss the movement of cyl bolts to accomadate better transfer ports. If so did the engineers frame the talk as the transfers were adaquate or di they say they are plenty big or something like that. I'm hoping for Big transfers or a lot of extra meat in cyl. To make em big. This has been a limiting factor on 800 cfi. Monoblocks
Did you see this:
6-bolt cylinder structure optimized through Finite Element Analysis and features a patent-pending exhaust port design.

Back
Top Bottom