1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 polaris paint problems

Discussion in 'PSP General' started by Snotwister, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Snotwister

Snotwister New Member

Canada
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2020 40th anniversary indy 600 xc137
    I have a 2020 polaris indy xc 137 600 that has paint issues. Its the blue retro graphics model. When I first bought it I went to wax the tunnel behind the seat and had blue paint come off on my microfiber towel using regular car wax. I bought and installed the Polaris adventure tunnel cargo box and went for a three day trip. When I remove the box the paint was all marked where the box has sat on top. I used a very fine polishing compound by hand with a rag to try and remove the marks in the rag came off blue and in two spots took the paint down to a different color as the paint was coming off. I later tried to wax it and again the paint came off on the rag. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced any similar problems or did i just get a bad one. I assumed the tunnel would be powder coated but I guess I'm wrong. It's a little bit disappointing on a new sled other than repainting it I guess there is no repair.

3. Turtle

Turtle New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2020 Polaris Switchback Assault 850
    2017 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S LE
    Could have been a cleanliness problem when it was painted. It’s a 2020 model. Take it to your dealer and claim warranty.

4. Snotwister

Snotwister New Member

Canada
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2020 40th anniversary indy 600 xc137
    Yeah, I haven't mentioned it to my dealer yet. He is an hour and a half away and I haven't been over that direction lately. I'm sure he will look after me but I don't like my options I'm thinking. I would think all new tunnel which I don't want to do or send it to a paint shop and that makes me nervous as well. Not sure if they could match the color perfectly or not. I'm scared it would come out looking worse than it does now? Im a bit(Lot) OCD