• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2023 patriot 650 engine failure

Vlux

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris 650 Adventure 137
My 2023 polaris matrix 650 died at 81.6 miles, 3.7 engine hrs. Appears to be piston melt down, clutch side.
It’s at the dealer. Should know more this week. Hopefully polaris replaces what is needed……engine.
Will report more when I have information.
F6F07E64-597F-493B-8ACB-6A6415595A2D.jpeg

Hate to see this. Saw more than a few last year blew up. But most everyone loved them without issues. It’s frustrating seeing people have issues. It seems like engine part quality control is bad. The 2022s they even recalled the 850s them and had to rebuild them because of bad crank parts. It’s sucks it looks like they have issues still and haven’t corrected it

That left plug looks awfully clean for a sled still in break in mode.

Also have a new xc650 lost compression on mag side plug looked identical. The aluminum around the sleeve exited and dropped sleeve down. Day 5 and still waiting on Polaris to decide on what they r doing. This one only had 140 miles. Dealer says not the only one they have seen. Anyone else have issues?

My 2023 polaris matrix 650 died at 81.6 miles, 3.7 engine hrs. Appears to be piston melt down, clutch side.
It’s at the dealer. Should know more this week. Hopefully polaris replaces what is needed……engine.
Will report more when I have information.
View attachment 9422
What did they do on yours for fix? What was found?

Polaris approved a complete longblock. My dealer has been fantastic with this issue.
I dropped it off on 01/09/23 and picking it up tomorrow 02/07/23. I say that’s fantastic.
Heading to Mi UP from dealer soooo I’ll find out how good this turns out.
Please no slamming the messenger I know how to maintain and ride my sled.
Thanks

Polaris approved a complete longblock. My dealer has been fantastic with this issue.
I dropped it off on 01/09/23 and picking it up tomorrow 02/07/23. I say that’s fantastic.
Thanks
My dealer went as far as giving me her personal sled to ride for a day so no problems with dealer. Polaris just seems to drag their feet with as short as the season is and as much as we pay for sleds these days.... been polaris loyal for over 30 years! No shooting the messenger here. All my motorsports toys are over maintained......lol

Thanks
Did they ever say what caused it to fail? Like I said above, that good plug looks awfully clean for a sled still geting extra break in oil.
Both of you need to check the oil line at the reservoir when you get your machines back, the fitting they are using on the oil tanks now is notorious for not bleeding correctly and there being a big air bubble right off the tank.

Did they ever say what caused it to fail? Like I said above, that good plug looks awfully clean for a sled still geting extra break in oil.
Both of you need to check the oil line at the reservoir when you get your machines back, the fitting they are using on the oil tanks now is notorious for not bleeding correctly and there being a big air bubble right off the tank.
Mine was pdi correct and was not an oiling issue. They had casting issue with the aluminum is what the dealer is seeing. Polaris won't comment but there's been quite a few at this dealer..... the aluminum around the sleeve left in my engine.

Interesting, wonder if this caused by the magnesium shortage that was going on a year ago.

Well the dealer reported back. Polaris wants to repair just the top half of the engine.... I guess it doesn't matter that aluminum has went through the crank bearings too! Guessing I don't get a say in it. Spend good money to have a reliable product and they r gonna piece it together and hope for the best. I've tried customer service with no resolve and the dealer I purchased from has been to the polaris rep twice. What choice or route would you guys go?

Longblock was replaced. Starts up runs fine but code for exhaust valve cable and power boost regulator.
waiting for parts. I got customer service to extend warranty to 48 months. Soooo…we shall see.
Mechanic thinks that exhaust valve stuck open and sucked in cold air which leaned out cylinder.
Not sure it that was the cause of my failure.
All I can say is call customer service back be polite but firm.
My dealer told Polaris it has to have complete long block, too much aluminum debris. They sent pics to Polaris.

Too many new sleds coming with a large amount of air in the oil line. Son's new sled had 4" of air in the line from the tank. Good thing I bled it like I did to mine. This is a Polaris put together issue and dealer issue for not checking it.

Back
Top Bottom