• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

340 LX improper throttle response

al kozakiewicz

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris
2007 340 LX that I bought for beginners who visit. It has only 1300 miles. The guy I bought it from hadn't used it in a couple of years and the fuel had turned to varnish. He couldn't get it started so I bought the thing betting I could get it to run for $800, which I considered a bargain.

Long story short, I removed the fuel tank and carburetors and replaced the fuel lines. Cleaned the tank and rebuilt the carbs.

The sled starts and idles without problem. When cold, I throttle up and can go miles (literally) with no problem. Once I stop, the RPMs won't go past 4000, which isn't enough to engage the clutch. Wait for it to cool down, and it will go miles and miles again as long as I keep the revs up over 5000 RPM. Once I stop, same problem - no throttle response past 4000 RPM until it cools down again.

This sled is simple as hell and yet I am stumped. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem?

Al

Back
Top Bottom