• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

4stroke guy needs a little advice

rigidone

Picking up my first 2stroke tomorrow, a 16 pro s 600 switch..Need some solid advice on break in procedure..been reading about heat cycles before riding, ride it like you stole it, and take it easy..On my previous 4stroke yami's, i just beat the snot out of it, but no long WOT holding for moe than a second or two.. Thanks

i just beat the snot out of it, but no long WOT holding for moe than a second or two

That's how I break in all my stuff. Never had a problem. Just make sure it's warmed up completely before going wot

I wait until the heat exchangers get a little heat in them.
As long as you're in snow it shouldn't get "too hot"

Load the motor by in and out of throttle and beat on it. Just no 10 second wot.

The Polaris rings are hard and need to seat against nicasil,so don't go easy. Heat cycle it.

Picking up my first 2stroke tomorrow, a 16 pro s 600 switch..Need some solid advice on break in procedure..been reading about heat cycles before riding, ride it like you stole it, and take it easy..On my previous 4stroke yami's, i just beat the snot out of it, but no long WOT holding for moe than a second or two.. Thanks

coming off a nytro? me too. i have a 16 600 pro s switchy. i've just been breaking it in like i have on all my yamahas(riding it like i stole it) i usually don't move it until the temp gauge says at least 85. she pulls well for a 600. i still don't think its as strong as my nytro motor but its a solid runner

coming off a nytro? me too. i have a 16 600 pro s switchy. i've just been breaking it in like i have on all my yamahas(riding it like i stole it) i usually don't move it until the temp gauge says at least 85. she pulls well for a 600. i still don't think its as strong as my nytro motor but its a solid runner

I still have my Nytro, sold the wifes Nytro, was just to much for her in the tight twisties and the bumps, you know the Nytro is a freaking animal.

We took Murder Axys for it's maiden voyage Sunday, It was great!! no waiting for her at intersections for the most part. She REALLY liked it, much easier sled for her to control. She was smiles for miles, her riding experiences are going to be much better now. On the trail we stopped for a break, and I quote her " you're getting a BJ tonight" lol.. it didnt happen but its the thought that counts..HAHA

I rode it for a couple miles, nice riding sled, I still like my Nytro a bit better but I have done quite a bit to get my nytro where it at and honestly enjoy muscling it around. The poo is bone stock, pretty impressive ride quality to say the least.. One thing that concerned me was the fuel gauge..My dealer told me it will be using a lot of fuel and oil for the first 10 hours..we were about 50mi into our ride and her gauge is fluctuating between 1-2 bars..I still had 3/4 tank. Take it to the gas station, it took 4.2gal but has a 12gal tank..This fuel gauge is that inaccurate???

Attachments

• 2016013195100714.jpg
    2016013195100714.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 257
Yeah I feel the same. When I ordered it, everyone told me it would be as strong or stronger than my Nytro. I don't think so, Nytro motor is stronger. Which gauge do u have? My has the IDD and I find it very accurate.

You're wife sounds like mine, saying and doing are two different things. Lol

Yeah I feel the same. When I ordered it, everyone told me it would be as strong or stronger than my Nytro. I don't think so, Nytro motor is stronger. Which gauge do u have? My has the IDD and I find it very accurate.

You're wife sounds like mine, saying and doing are two different things. Lol

I have the normal gauge, some of the guys on HCS said the IDD gauge is more accurate.. I guess ill have to go by mileage, Im sure I will need gas in my nytro before her since I have a smaller tank by 4gal.

And yea, freaking women!!!HAHAHA

Ya go by mileage my gauge has been out to lunch since day one but I don't care at all I just take a mental note and get gas within 100 miles. Your right the nytro is stronger but it's just way to heavy esp for a girl. I'm glad to hear your report on how it has changed her riding exp. I'm gonna get my girl one for nxt year she is also coming off a nytro.

my wife rides my old 05 RX1. its way too much for her but she seems to love it. i told her we could trade it for an indy 600. she said she won't ride a polaris. lol

Back
Top Bottom