• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

660ft Snow drags

Nortrider

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
1994- now
Snowmobile
16 pro s ltd
Any good setups for 660 drag race. Sorry its kinda last minute. I was just wondering who did what for a starting point.

Yep.

I hope your studded.

Get all your stuff within spec. Set your track and chain a little looser then stock specs.
Set your rider sag in for 4 inches+. Measuring from floor up to bolt of k brace.(approximately 20-24 inches)
Slap in a 1.95 ratio

Primary- 140/300 or 310, throw as much weight as you can at it.(68-74 grams)

Secondary- 70/44.46 ,140/220 or 140/240.

Use new belt with clean clutches with belt to sheave @ 0.020"

Try that

What about 1000' drag races in hardpack snow? Sled is a 2015 Axys SB 800 60th. BMP Pipe/Muffler with Bully Dog.

I have BMP Goldstars to use or Dalton adjustables.
Primary springs available: 165/310, 140/320, and 160/330. Primary has been to Indy Dan...set for Gates CF Belt.

Secondary, I have a 50/44 or 48/44 angle to use (BMP Helix), or the OEM 2015 Axys SB 800 helix. Spring options are the OEM spring, a 140/200, or 140/220. I have 1-3 delrins I can use as well, whatever locations recommended.

Thx!

THIS IS THE ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU , DONT GEAR IT TO LOW UNLESS YOU HAVE GREAT TRACTION,OTHERWISE YOUR GOING TO KILL IT. THERE ARE MANY FACTORS HERE,1 WILL THE TRACK HOLD UP OR IS IT GOING TO GET LOOSE,2 YOU WANT TRACK SPEED ON SNOW BECAUSE YOUR MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO HOOK IT THAT GREAT. ITS GOING TO GET CHEWED UP AND LOOSE TRACTION.THE 50 WOULD GIVE BETTER ACCELERATION,BOTH WOULD BE OK ,MIGHT HAVE TO STIFFEN THE SEC SPRING IF IT LOOSENS UP. SO IT WONT SPIN OUT OF THE HOLE THEN HOOK AND PULL THE MOTOR DOWN.

the only true way to know if your getting good traction is with a timing system,g tech or v box . your 60' times should be no greater then 1.75 seconds out of the hole on snow or ice. i know most people don't have these,so. you can look at were you launched out of the hole and if you have a trench the shape of your track for 10+ feet. your spinning way to much and need to adjust your suspension to suit the track of that day. softer and lowering will help,but a 60' is needed to really tell. the race is won in the 60' distance guys,so you need traction

Back
Top Bottom