• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

800 axis low end bog

Surfside

I have a 2015 axis 800. The sled runs very normal except for a low end bog. The track has long studs and will hook up one to one on cold hardpack. When this happens a bog occurs. Goes away at 6500 rpm.
In loose snow from a dead stop, no bog. Seems to run equal with other 800 axis. Saw 118 on speedo today, running ice.
Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Your belt is sucking down in your secondary on hard pack that's why u think its a bog.
What secondary spring do u have in it??

Let's stiffen the initial rate and more and this should cure it Div20

Secondary was changed with another axis that doesn't have a problem.
Changed to 48/44 helix and stiffer spring.
Bog is still there.
Possible tps??

What's the secondary spring rate??

140:220
Same secondary set up as three other sleds I ride with that don't have the problem.

Also I don't have a clean start up when cold about 200 RPMs low until warmed up, compared to the other sleds I ride with.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A BOG FROM THE SET UP YOU ARE RUNNING IN THE REAR. YOUR HELIX AND SPRING COMBO,IS NOT THE CAUSE. IM ASSUMING YOU HAVE CKED THE OBVIOUS THINGS,DEFLECTION ETC. HOW MUCH GAP ON YOUR FRONT SHEVE TO BELT? CUZ WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THE SLED SPINS A BIT THE RPM S HAVE A CHANCE TO GAIN. IF IT HOOKS THE MOTOR BOGS,WHICH BROCK IS CORRECT ASKING YOU YOUR REAR SET UP, BELT DROPPING IN SEC. TO FAST OR YOUR NOT STARTING OUT IN UNDERDRIVE. WHAT BELT? WHERE DOES IT SET IN THE SEC.?WHATS THE OUTER CIRCUMFRANCE? IF ITS A GATES IT NEEDS TO BE 45-1/8..

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A BOG FROM THE SET UP YOU ARE RUNNING IN THE REAR. YOUR HELIX AND SPRING COMBO,IS NOT THE CAUSE. IM ASSUMING YOU HAVE CKED THE OBVIOUS THINGS,DEFLECTION ETC. HOW MUCH GAP ON YOUR FRONT SHEVE TO BELT? CUZ WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THE SLED SPINS A BIT THE RPM S HAVE A CHANCE TO GAIN. IF IT HOOKS THE MOTOR BOGS,WHICH BROCK IS CORRECT ASKING YOU YOUR REAR SET UP, BELT DROPPING IN SEC. TO FAST OR YOUR NOT STARTING OUT IN UNDERDRIVE. WHAT BELT? WHERE DOES IT SET IN THE SEC.?WHATS THE OUTER CIRCUMFRANCE? IF ITS A GATES IT NEEDS TO BE 45-1/8..
I have tried Polaris, gates and xs belts. Basics are checked and ok. If the sled wasn't heavily studded, you would never know about the bog. There is talk about tps being off. Wondering if this could be the problem?

It's not your tps doing this. But get it checked.
.903-.923 voltage at idle. I prefer .917
4.30-4.38 voltage at wot. I prefer lower.
Check if 100% at wot.

How are your motor mounts?? Check this. If your motor moves a little to much it can cause the cvt system to drag down.

I don't know your clutching or gearing set up with your studs and this could be the cause as well.
Track tension?
Chain tension?

Have you scuffed and cleaned your clutch sheaves and belts??

Get it on a stand/lift, warm it up rotating track . Whack throttle wot to see if there's a bog as you call it up in the air. This will tell if it's in the cvt system.

Back
Top Bottom