• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

850 HP???

MR INDY

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
32 yeras
Snowmobile
2016 Pro S 800 switchback
WHAT IS THE HOLD UP POLARIS HOW MUCH HP AND TORQUE YOUR KILLING ME
850 SALES MUST BE GOOD 9% MORE WHO CARES WHAT THE REAL HP NUMBER

Polaris stopped giving HP numbers after 2009. It does them no good to publish a number because 98% of Snowmobilers cannot comprehend that 5 different dynos will all give different numbers with great variances. But since Polaris seems very confident in this motor saying 9% over the 800HO, then Dynotech research would be the spot to send an 850.

we will be getting some numbers soon I hear its on the dyno
keep you posted

Unofficial claims have reported 174.xx at Dyno Tech

33 +/- deg F all runs. 35-40 breakin dyno tests before three repeated 12 second hp runs. 91.4 octane ethanol fuel with 3.8% ethanol. Non-ethanol fuel mode. First run was best. 167.6 @8100 rpm Second test was 167.3 and third test was 166.2 @ 8150 rpm. 173 hp with leaned down fuel flow done by Polaris Engineers.

*Looks good to me, especially if it stays together!

This engine is making very good power and the engineers are saying the bottom end has been built to last the long haul. They seem very confident that it’s gonna prove to be very reliable. With this power and more on tap with a lil tweaking some good clutching and the efficient skid in chassis platform these should rip. A well tuned assault 800ho has proven to give the doo850 a good run for the money. I forcast with this new 850(840) there is gonna be sore butts in the doo camps.

Last edited:
This engine is making very good power and the engineers are saying the bottom end has been built to last the long haul. They seem very confident that it’s gonna prove to be very reliable. With this power and more on tap with a lil tweaking some good clutching and the efficient skid in chassis platform these should rip. A well tuned assault 800ho has proven to give the doo850 a good run for the money. I forcast with this new 850(840) there is gonna be sore butts in the doo camps.

From the looks of the new Gen4 seat thats enough to get a sore arss

For once Polaris has finally gave the engine some much needed transfer port and there is meat left on the bone to do some porting. It’s my understanding that the cyl walls are thick enough to support a substantial big bore also. I think this engine has not only good stock performance but has much better potential for modded power than previous configurations.An 858/860 BB on an older 800 or 800ho leaves some pretty thin walls this one should have more material to support a BB and maintain better cyl integrity. Same goes for an imp. Stock 850 without BB.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom