1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

850 patriot throttle problems

Discussion in 'RMK' started by JImmy Lundmark, Jan 22, 2019.

1. JImmy Lundmark

JImmy Lundmark New Member

Swedan
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    Polaris 850 SKS 146"
    Hi.

Anyone else who has problems with the throttle? When you go around 5000-6000rpm and release the throttle it's still hangs on in about 1-2 secs.. If so, what have you done to get this problem solved?

3. MrSled

MrSled Administrator Staff Member Admin

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    SideWinder
    is RPM or is it throttle, it could be not back shifting fast enough when you let off.

4. Markconacher

Markconacher New Member

Canada
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2019 850 patriot sks
    Mine does the same, the throttle releases but the sled acts like it’s powered in cruise control for a few seconds. Seems to get worse the colder it is - have not identified a fix as of yet, any ideas welcome

MrSled likes this.
  5. Bigfuse

Bigfuse Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Have you taken it to your dealer?

MrSled likes this.
  6. stonzy

stonzy New Member

Canada
    Years Snowmobiling:
    35 yrs
    Snowmobile:
    2020 850 Indy xc
    Hi guys I’m new to the forum. I too had this ghosting throttle issue as well as det codes coming up quite often. Took sled to dealer as well as contacted Polaris. New flash was installed at dealer. 400 miles later and the results are: no more det codes. Sled seems quite a bit stronger. Ghosting throttle gone. It does however seem to load up with fuel when coming to stops. So much that when shutting sled off at a break it will sometimes backfire on start up. I’ve reported my findings to Polaris and hopefully they will tweak flash a bit more. Want it to run like my wife’s 19 800 xc

7. Marcus Morrissey

Marcus Morrissey New Member

Canada
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    Polaris & Arctic Cat
    Just got my '19 flashed as well, SSA-19-02. Had a small run tonight and seemed ok but need more seat time.

Was running like junk for a little ~30 hrs changed plugs and much better then flashed. Was told to swap in new plugs but haven't yet.

P.s outgoing plugs were fouled and black.

MrSled likes this.