• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

91 non mode?

I just bought a 2017 switchback, so can you only run 91 or can I run 93?

So when I run 93 do I just set it like I am running 91 and just change it from ethanol to non ethanol?

I just go to the airport and get a 5 gal can of AV 100 lo lead and supplement about 2 gal av gas to 9 gal non eth 91 and this seems to never set DET on sled. Running Stage 3 SLP with heads, pipe and PCV and of course clutching of my own chioce! Most of the time we run between 8600 and 12000 and in cold weather there is no DET anyway but as spring and warmer weather I use Av 100LL when needed!
gtwitch in wyoming

Here's a tip.

Run in non ethanol mode most times. If it goes into det mode. Switch to ethanol mode.

Good gas is the key . Try and run 90+ octane with little to no ethanol content. I know it's not possible all the time. Just try and get the best octane wherever you are. If you're not sure it's good gas ? Put it in ethanol mode.

I along with most guys run it in non ethanol mode. Then if it det's. Put in ethanol mode. Then get better gas next time and switch back the non ethanol.

Ethanol mode protects engine but giving it fuel and retarding timing

Thanks this is a brand new sled and totally new to this technology. My last sled was a 97 Yamaha vmax 700! So I am still trying to figure out this switchback

Back
Top Bottom