• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

99 xc 700

briankd

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1992
Snowmobile
1999 xc 700
1996 trail
been out of the sport last 5 yrs and my machines been sitting started getting them ready for the 19' 2000 season
my question on my xc 700 is the fuel pump diaphram should i change it or not? it ran great 5 yrs ago i emptied the tank then but that was it . now it is all dry haven't tore it apart yet had one of theses on an older 80's machine bad and caused crankcase to fill with gas and ran away just looking for some input on this

Thanks Brian

been out of the sport last 5 yrs and my machines been sitting started getting them ready for the 19' 2000 season
my question on my xc 700 is the fuel pump diaphram should i change it or not? it ran great 5 yrs ago i emptied the tank then but that was it . now it is all dry haven't tore it apart yet had one of theses on an older 80's machine bad and caused crankcase to fill with gas and ran away just looking for some input on this

Thanks Brian

Will it still pump fuel and start? If yes then leave it alone. The pumps are very durable and rarely stop working on the new style sleds.

Will it still pump fuel and start? If yes then leave it alone. The pumps are very durable and rarely stop working on the new style sleds.
haven't tried starting it since been sitting mice got into it and made mess of intake system had crap clear down into carbs im cleaning out but will take your advice on this.
my older indy trail uses a mikuni style pump what is your thought on it ?
thanks Brian

haven't tried starting it since been sitting mice got into it and made mess of intake system had crap clear down into carbs im cleaning out but will take your advice on this.
my older indy trail uses a mikuni style pump what is your thought on it ?
thanks Brian

I still have pumps like that from the early 80s and have never cracked them open.

Back
Top Bottom