• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

9R For Trail

Baron

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
22 years
Snowmobile
850 Mogul Masher
Hi all!

I usually lurk because I am currently a BRP rider (Lynx Rave), BUT I am thinking of a project and would like some information if you have it. I love that Polaris decided to put the Boost into trail platforms, but I thought the 9R would be a better big power motor for the trail. From what reviews have said thus far, the 850 Boost is the same down low, then pulls in the mid and top end. The 9R being lighter, quicker revving, and making power down low to mid would propel me down the trails quicker and handle better in the tight stuff. I have seen some folks converting mountain sleds with wide front ends. Does a race sled front end fit on a Matryx? I know that Ski-Doo race front ends fit on the consumer sleds; I didn't know if that also applies with Polaris. I think a Khaos 9R 146 with a wider front end would make for a wild ride. Thanks for any information you have!

I think you are going to have problems keeping it cool in that chassis since the RMK coolers aren't really meant for trail riding.
You'd be better off juicing up an Assault since you are only going 146 anyway, not to mention the rear suspension is designed more for trail than the KHAOS skid.

Back
Top Bottom