• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Adjusting for overdrive

Doc

You say If you have a stock pipe the shift is perfect, how would the jaws/ bikeman pipe differ here? Not as strong mid pull?

IMG_0580.JPG
The lastest test with stock, jaws and bmp at dtr

You can see we're stock pulls from 7000-7700 and got its best tq at 8300 =95.9 tq

Then jaws is better from 7700- 8400 "broad range/wide power band)and got its best tq at 8300 =100.8 tq

Them bmp from 8100-8400 and got its best tq at 8300 = 102 tq

This is the lastest Dyno test with all pipes above 1180-1220 to be fair , these are the best runs of the 3

I just scribbled on paper to show

I have a similar setup and jaws pipe is in the mail, was just curious myself. Thanks!
I'm going to try 10 series to start, but may go adjustable as some point this season.

Doc

You say If you have a stock pipe the shift is perfect, how would the jaws/ bikeman pipe differ here? Not as strong mid pull?
the stock pipe makes better hp in the lower rpm ranges over the aftermarket pipes(most of them,) the power is made at a higher shift speed, like(8350-8500) where the stock pipe dies .

The stock pipe is known that its made for low and mid. Isnt the motor reving higher when say trail riding and coming out of a corner you roll into wot ??? wouldn't one of the other pipes be better?? Especially if I ride in maine.

Yes, we went to maine twice last year, unfortunately only twice. My buddy has the same sled but chose only to change springs. His sled ran good but couldn't keep with mine coming out of corners. Strange was we r even in top speed still.
hopefully we can get more time in to do some testing.
So ur buddy was using the same setup as urs just different Springs? Or was he using just a stock setup other than different springs? If it's the latter, was he using the same sorings as u?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

View attachment 1671 The lastest test with stock, jaws and bmp at dtr

You can see we're stock pulls from 7000-7700 and got its best tq at 8300 =95.9 tq

Then jaws is better from 7700- 8400 "broad range/wide power band)and got its best tq at 8300 =100.8 tq

Them bmp from 8100-8400 and got its best tq at 8300 = 102 tq

This is the lastest Dyno test with all pipes above 1180-1220 to be fair , these are the best runs of the 3

I just scribbled on paper to show
Probably stupid question: what's dtr stand for?

So ur buddy was using the same setup as urs just different Springs? Or was he using just a stock setup other than different springs? If it's the latter, was he using the same sorings as u?

Stock except springs, both sleds with 120/310 and his was 155/222 in sec

Back
Top Bottom