• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Aftermarket Skis

Pro116

Staff member
Anyone tried aftermarket skis on there Axys chassis.I want something more aggressive but not to hard of steering because my girlfriend will drive it occasionally. I rode my buddies pro s with C&a razors and that thing was glued to the corners on the loose snow vs the other sleds.

I don't have an AXYS, but I've had SLP SLT's on the last 4 sleds that I've owned.
They have the characteristics your looking for. Plus, they are as tough as nails.
My Indy SP came with Pro Steers and I preferred the SLT's over them.

Ya pro steers come on the axys. I wanna switch to the polaris gripper skis but that's for alittle deeper snow. I really like the razors but they are alittle to skinny for the deep stuff I like to go into. C&a make a new ski called the xcs I think.

A buddy of mine put Mohawks on his Pro S Sb last year. I'll talk to him and get his feedback.

Last edited:
I had a set of Curve XS with 7.5" Shaper Bars on my 2015 Rush Pro-S. They worked very well. However, I sold them with my sled last March, and decided to give the OEM skis a shot for the first time in about 12-13 years. I think Polaris does a pretty good job with their skis, so I'm interested to try them out this season. I came from Cat, and that's the reason I've been an aftermarket ski guy for these past years ... Cat's skis absolutely suck!
Why didn't you put your stock skis back on your 2015 ? Then if you wanted to put your Curve XS on your new sled you wouldn't have to spend money on a new set of skis. Just curious.

Always have had a set of splitt rails skis on all my Doos they are awesome skis for trail riding. 2 out of the 4 of my primary riding buds have also switched to splitt rails over the past 3 years. I do 95% all groomed trail riding zero darting . When using splitt rails you don't need to adjust your ski pressure and shocks as much as conditions change. Great on Hard pack as well as fresh snow on top of hard pack.Met the snow trax crew on my season end ride in Quebec in April and they had a set of splitt rails on a switchback Pro S and they loved the way the sled handled. Going to try my new sled out with stock for the start of the season as it is my 1 st polaris in years. Hard to give up the new coloured spindle from the spring order special. Splitt rails c/w their own spindle and are a bit pricy roughly $1,200.00 total by the time you get the carbides on them.

I sold my sled privately, and the guy who bought it wanted it "as is" ... he was willing to pay the extra for it, and I was willing to sell. Div20
Oh so he obviously saw it with the skis on then. Gotcha. Div20

waiting to see how my stock skis are on my SB but i've always had nothing but C&As on all of my previous sleds. great skis, they hook very well

waiting to see how my stock skis are on my SB but i've always had nothing but C&As on all of my previous sleds. great skis, they hook very well
I noticed at the Grafton cross country race last February that Gabe Bunke was using USI skis.

in that xc setup tips from polaris they recommend USI skis.
Yes as supposedly the way that the geometry is on the AXYS C&A skis are apparently too aggressive. FXR has a 2015 Pro X and they're always tweaking the ski as it's too aggressive.

A buddy of mine put Mohawks on his Pro S Sb last year. I'll talk to him and get his feedback.
I ran the SLP Mohawks for 2,600 miles last season and was very impressed with them. They cornered well, minimal darting and shines in the deep.
Had put 10,000 miles on my split rails on my MXZ X and they are awesome on the trail with no darting. Just wanted the ability to have more peace of mind in the deep and still have great control on the trail.

I ran the SLP Mohawks for 2,600 miles last season and was very impressed with them. They cornered well, minimal darting and shines in the deep.
Had put 10,000 miles on my split rails on my MXZ X and they are awesome on the trail with no darting. Just wanted the ability to have more peace of mind in the deep and still have great control on the trail.
I know a guy who has them also and he likes them too.

Welcome aboard Pro (s)ter!
Good to see you here

Yes as supposedly the way that the geometry is on the AXYS C&A skis are apparently too aggressive. FXR has a 2015 Pro X and they're always tweaking the ski as it's too aggressive.
I checked parts diagram on the front suspension. Poo used the same spindles on the Pro-R chassis( Indy,Rush) as the AXYS sleds. Must be the upper and lower control arms that is changing geometry.

I checked parts diagram on the front suspension. Poo used the same spindles on the Pro-R chassis( Indy,Rush) as the AXYS sleds. Must be the upper and lower control arms that is changing geometry.
I have no idea what was changed. If I remember correctly one of the racers told me.

I ran Polaris Gripper skis on my Pro-S SB last year and really liked them. Will throw them on the Pro-X SB this year. You can go to the Snowest classifieds and find them pretty reasonably priced sometimes.

Never tried anything but stock skies .

I'm to busy with mods,lol (go fast parts)

Maybe I should try something different.

I'm a trail rider 90% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom