• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Another suspension question

Robert Zimmerman

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris 800 Switchback pro-s
Trying to dial in my 18 SB Pro-s. All the threads I read say change shocks, change springs. Is the factory equipment that bad?? I’m about 225 dressed, steering seems heavy. Got stock preload on all springs now, was thinking of reducing it on rts see if that would help. 144 studs, 7” shaper bars. Am I on the right track?
Also, real hard to turn springs, especially the fts. I cut down a spanner wrench but just don’t have room to get in there, especially when it’s snow packed. What do you guys use to loosen/lube those up?
Thanks

You're on the right track for sure and the factory are very good but take time to get them dialed in. Which W/E clickers do you have, the standard or with hi/lo? Make sure you start these at 3 from soft. You and i are the same weight and i like alittle more spring on the FTS, with the front shocks all the way soft with just enough spring to keep it in the seats. The RTS spring i run on factory setting and then adjust the clicker according to how and where i'm riding. For example; when drag racing i give a few clicks hard to keep the front end down on take offs and when aggressive trail running i like fairly soft, especially on hard pack for less ski pressure. How many miles on the sled/springs?

Thanks, hoping to get out this week and test ride. I did tighten my fts about 2 turns. I have the standard shocks, have heard about setting the front so the springs soft. May try loosening that up in stages and see how it feels

Back
Top Bottom