• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

ARCTIC CAT sold

At first I was sad. But then I think it's probably not the worst thing to have happen. They have been on thin financial ice for some time.

Cat fits well Into Textrons portfolio the way Polaris sleds fits into Polaris corporate portfolio.

So there is a good chance Textron will do right by them.

I hope it is a good deal for the employees and everyone gets a reasonably fair shake.

No word on what this does to the Yamaha partnership yet.

From 68 to around 81 Textron owned Polaris. They sold partly because of poor winters. Kind of ironic with last and this years poor winter.

A good deal is a good deal I guess. Trex didn't pay much more for cat than a current Polaris board member made in the last couple years.

Fire sale.

Good points Brock.

I'm so burned out and cynical on this stuff that I didn't even look into the fact that Textron was down. That is strange that they would interested in aquiring another down asset.

The deal was probably brokered for the pleasure or displeasure of other parties that we may never know about or even want to.

Look at the institutional ownership of most North American corporations.

City, vanguard, goldman, blah, blah investing group. It's earily the same cast of characters.

Who run barter town?

Yeah reading the press release
textron is doing bad so they buy arctic cat to boost up there stocks. lol what??? hows that work spend money when your doing bad makes the situation better? Sounds like they are going for broke and betting on another failing company to help them out? They got cat for cheap but actually paid 40% more than the company as far as there stocks were worth lol

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13965436/1/textron-dives-after-earnings-miss-weak-outlook.html

Textron is in a slump too. So???

Something isn't right here? Yamaha has a deal with cat,so??

Yamaha has the money to buy cat out easily. Obviously the debt to go along with the purchase may have put Yamaha out of the game. Obviously the deal wasn't attractive enough.

But textron buys when their in a slump?

Maybe they are banking on a recovery. I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom