• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

AXYS 600 Question

TieRod

I have a 2015 AXYS 600 Switchback Adventure. I noticed after I get it up to temperature, turn it off for a minute or two and then restart it I can hear this knocking sound (see video). Once I hit the gas it goes away and doesn't come back until the sled is restarted after sitting for a few minutes. It's almost like it's a bad gas knock (which it's not).

a: Is this normal for the 600 AXYS Motor?
b: Does anyone know what it is?

The clutches are in excellent condition. I just cleaned them and installed Gabe's clutch kit. The knocking was also happening before I cleaned the clutches and installed the kit.

Thanks all.

I notice its electric start the starter has a spring that when the motor starts it pulls it out off the ring gear. With the motor off see if you can pull out on the starter gear when you let go it should snap back if spring broke it will let starter gear move in and out. The sound its making sounds like starter gear is hitting on ring gear of clutch.

I notice its electric start the starter has a spring that when the motor starts it pulls it out off the ring gear. With the motor off see if you can pull out on the starter gear when you let go it should snap back if spring broke it will let starter gear move in and out. The sound its making sounds like starter gear is hitting on ring gear of clutch.
Thanks for the advise. I'll check it out and post back on my findings.

I haven't had a chance to go out in the garage to check but I can tell you that the clutch starter ring was in excellent condition when I had it off cleaning the clutches. There was no sign of any wear at all so...... who knows. I'll check the gear spring in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom