• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Axys head.

08dmax

Seen that bikeman head was dynoed made 1-2 hp. Has anyone tryed terra alps head claim 7hp. Or Rk Tek claim 6hp.

I have a Terra Alps 12:1 head, just haven't tried it yet.
Better cooling, burning fuel efficiently and adding hp is good.

The bikeman head we tried was a couple hp more .

The effect was so minimal that nothing was noticed.that's in bsfc,afr,cfm .with head alone . It added 1 or 2 hp but didn't change things drastically..that's the best I can explain it at dtr .

I put the bikeman head on after i had the bikeman pipe on and i can honestly say i felt alot of midrange trq and a couple more mph on the top end gained to.

To be honest about these heads.
You need to package them up.
Like ported cylinder pipe,fuel controller,etc.

BMP has the BD Program to run their head with pipe. I believe they will have updated tunes to run with their Y-Pipe as well.

I hear about zero from performance shops on ported cylinder's on the 800 H.O. engine...

Terra Alps has a great porting for axys 800 ho cylinders that works. I have it,so does drnotadoo and now Haulins on here. Dyno results prove it.
Not everyone knows how to port properly even though they advertise.

About 1- 3 hp on a properly ported cylinder for fast trail

BMP has the BD Program to run their head with pipe. I believe they will have updated tunes to run with their Y-Pipe as well.

I hear about zero from performance shops on ported cylinder's on the 800 H.O. engine...

Porting isn't really worth the money on a stock bore AXYS 800 as it's already a ported version of the 800 CFI. Very little to be gained for how much money you're going to spend getting it ported.

I dont think the y pipe tine is released yet as they still arent shipping y pipes just yet.
Correct, not released yet....but they have done some dyno testing on the prototypes to prove there is power to be had - how much? TBD....

Just waiting on stampings for the y-pipes. Our dyno showed around 4 HP when used in conjunction with our pipe.

Back
Top Bottom