• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

AXYX 800 aftermarket pipe/pipe mod det?

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
Can someone pm me what pipe or pipe mod showed very well on the dyno than was found to det a lot in the field. No need to post it here. Thanks.

I don't think its a secret its SSI. The guys on here had a dyno day about 2 years ago with all the pipes and SSI kicked there butt. I had a SLP to put on my new sled and they got pretty much no hp out of it. I sold it and got a SSI pipe mod to put on my brand new sled. Pipe works until the pipe gets hot and then DET. No matter what you do. Flood it with fuel, lean it out, pull the timing. Pipe heats up and you get max DET limp mode. When it stays out of limp mode it freaking has power. But only good for a run or 2 if your lucky

How loud is the SSI mod compared to stock? Is the modded pipe any different than the pipe they are selling? How much gain will a new pipe give over stock? 1 sled length? Two?

If anything the pipe mod is very slightly quieter. When I asked them they said their pipe vs their pipemod would be very close in performance but the pipe would weigh a few lbs. less.

Was the SSI pipe banging or loose on something causing the DET? Just quizing possibilities? I think I notice that the DET sensor is now on the front of the engine instead of the rear above the fuel rail like PRO's
gtwitch in wyoming

It was definitely my pipe i put a bmp pipe on same sled, same tuning nothing else changed and had no det.

Back
Top Bottom