• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Back up power/battery for PIDD?

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
48 years
Snowmobile
Polaris 2011 PRO 800-163
Anyone know what if anything that Polaris is doing to furnish backup power for the non-e start 800 AXYS RMK with PIDD. Dealer said Polaris has a small Battery or Capacitor and plugs in to keep PIDD alive during short span shutdowns during day rides. What are they using and where does it plug in?
We have a new 18 AXYS 163 800 in the stable as of yesterday (my son picked up day before yesterday) and new 6"snow on Snowy Range this morning in places!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Anyone know what if anything that Polaris is doing to furnish backup power for the non-e start 800 AXYS RMK with PIDD. Dealer said Polaris has a small Battery or Capacitor and plugs in to keep PIDD alive during short span shutdowns during day rides. What are they using and where does it plug in?
We have a new 18 AXYS 163 800 in the stable as of yesterday (my son picked up day before yesterday) and new 6"snow on Snowy Range this morning in places!!
gtwitch in wyoming
I bought the battery tray, battery, and wire harness for my 2017 Assault. The strap was either too short or too long and my dealer had to use something else but I can't remember what he used.

I was thinking that 4 lithium 18650 rechargeable cells (3.2 each cell) could go almost anywhere if I knew where to plug it in and my education/training as an electrical engineer and technician will probably guide me enough to keep from burning something up!
gtwitch in wyoming

I have it working and is charging the Li battery, so I guess we will see when we ride and if there is a temp problem with the Li battery pack. It did take a little work obtaining and going thru the schematics to make it work without buying a E-start harness for $100, but got it done and we now have 30"+ snow in some of our riding areas but still have to wait for Nov 15th as that is the day USFS has put on a start date for off trail riding so we are hopeing for more snow between now and then!
gtwitch in wyoming

Back
Top Bottom