• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

bad piston in 600 Indy

wayne hanson

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 800 assault
I had a piston go out on my 2013 600 Indy over the weekend. Has only about 2500 miles on it. Also took out the cylinder also. It is the one on the Mag side. I've been told to replace the engine wiring harness along with new piston & cylinder. I'm just looking for some in put so it don't happen again.
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG

I'm a little confused as to why they said to replace the wiring harness? where you having electrical issues? Are you going to get the cylinder renicasiled or did you find one for sale? I would change the fuel filter too.

I have s sled with two injectors. The sleds with four injectors have an extra wiring harness that goes bad I guess so that will eliminate.
Had no electrical issues. I already bought a re nik cylinder. Just waiting on pistons. I put in a new fuel filter and hauling the sled in Monday to have the two injectors and that part of the harness tested. If tests good, I will get it running and then bring it in again to see if any codes are stored.
The engine seemed to be running at normal temps. I think it may have been bad for a little while cause somedays it would die out while idling. The day it went down I would put it in reverse and it would kill right away.

I will post what I find out. Thanks

I have a 2013 polaris Indy 600 that had pretty much the exact same piston failure at around 2300 miles.
Idle was low and sometimes would stall before the burn down as well.
Would be interested to hear if you came up with the cause.

Back
Top Bottom