• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

belt removal tool

yooperguy

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 Polaris Assault
I lost the "L" shaped tool. Anyone know the thread size so I can just get one at the hardware store? Also, has anyone every bought a clutch puller? If so, any info would be appreciated. I'm talking about a 2018 800 Assault 144. Thanks.

Last edited:
It is 1/4" course thread. You can buy a longer bolt, heat and bend a 90 in it so it looks like the one you lost. It is important to grind the first 1/4" of threads off the end that bottoms out inside the clutch. If you don't grind the threads off the end it will mushroom out and ruin the threads in your clutch when you take it out. Buy a puller from Dennis Kirk, enter your exact model (in the "garage") and it will show which one you need.

It is 1/4" course thread. You can buy a longer bolt, heat and bend a 90 in it so it looks like the one you lost. It is important to grind the first 1/4" of threads off the end that bottoms out inside the clutch. If you don't grind the threads off the end it will mushroom out and ruin the threads in your clutch when you take it out. Buy a puller from Dennis Kirk, enter your exact model (in the "garage") and it will show which one you need.
Thanks Mike!

Back
Top Bottom