• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

belts for axys

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Just looking at options.

Who's tried what??

Ultimax.
xs801- 45 11/64"x 1 7/16" (45.17"x1.437")

xs811- 45 23/64"x 1 7/16" (45.359"x1.437")

pro4432u4 - 45 1/4"x 1 27/64" (45.25"x 1.4219")

Gates
46C4387 - 45.169"x1.465"

polaris
3211177- 45.16"x1.46"

cat
0627-045- 45 1/32"x1 39/64" (45.03"x 1.609") This one seems way to wide.

If i forgot a belt, please add.

My friend used the gates belt last year. Worked very well. There is a lot of people who say that the gates gives better et and mph. I saw a graph that someone posted but I cant remember where I found it.

Put a gates on today and to my surprise it fit perfectly, wasent 2 short like some reported and had .015 -.018 of side clearance. ..

Didn't measure it , put it on and adjusted belt deflection too 1 1/4 , sits good in the secondary about a 1/8 over ...

I put 70 miles on a gates on Wednesday. Runs like my 1177 did 8200 all day lone. I'll see how it wears
How were your clutches for temperature??
Just curious if you put your hand on them to feel.

Put a gates on today and to my surprise it fit perfectly, wasent 2 short like some reported and had .015 -.018 of side clearance. ..
0.018" is the exact belt to sheave I have to right from factory shims under spider with gates belts.

How were your clutches for temperature??
Just curious if you put your hand on them to feel.
To be honest with u I didn't check them. But we are going out today so I'll let u know. I'll try and do some longer pulls to see

Hey Brock,

I ran the Poo stock belt for the first 1800-2000 miles when performance started to drop off and smearing started to get bad. Then I went to the xs-801 and I think it's a good spare belt and better then the worn out stock belt, but could never get the same responsiveness as the new poo belt with it (it will be my spare this year).
I have a new gates belt fitted and lined up for this season but cannot report anything yet!?

fwiw, I use xs belts on every single outlaw turbo that goes thru my hands. from simple 200 hp tmountain turbos to our 600 hp snow oultlaws.. they require no break in time and are the most consistent Ive used for lengths , when your swinging 600 grams of weight at 9500 rpm you better use a belt you can trust... love them.
jesuefreak, hows thw riding int eh COUNTY so far ?

0.018" is the exact belt to sheave I have to right from factory shims under spider with gates belts.

My 15 was also .018" when installing the gates on the stock clutch. I was told by the shop I got my clutch kit through that it would need shimmed anyway when installing the MTX weights so I went ahead and let them install the parts, I have no way in my shop to take the spider apart. I get it back the other day and when I get home I double check there work, .037" !!!! :(
Taking the clutch back for them to remove one of the .020" shims.......sigh

fwiw, I use xs belts on every single outlaw turbo that goes thru my hands. from simple 200 hp tmountain turbos to our 600 hp snow oultlaws.. they require no break in time and are the most consistent Ive used for lengths , when your swinging 600 grams of weight at 9500 rpm you better use a belt you can trust... love them.
Hey Gus ive done no riding yet. I have a friend who rode up there yesterday and found some real nice "family" riding
Finally getting some single digit cold weather this week so we should be getting close with maybe 1 good storm or 2.
Brrraaaappp!

The xs and gates beldt work really well.I ran then on my turbo sleds and my buddies do on there 600 hp outlaws and they hold up great.
I'm Probaly going to run the gates on my new Axys though.

Gus, I have a question for u.

How is the compound of the Carlisle belts. I know there a little softer then the polaris axys belt, which is as hard as a rock. I've heard the xs is lower on rpm by 100 just from changing from Polaris to the xs. That tells me it's a softer compound.

Another thing, the axys has a change in degree in primary as it's a straight 27, not a dual angle that polaris has used for years . This straight degree up shifts a lot quicker then the old dual degree. I think a softer compound might help in this.

The polaris axys belt is inconsistent too. One belt can be slightly different then previous. This has guys scrambling and searching. Hundreds of glazed over belts.

I haven't tried the xs or the gates yet. I have a few gates belts to test.

What I'm getting at is, very hard compound belt from factory, with a new primary that up shifts way quicker then old primary.

Thoughts??

These belts are coming threw 1/4 inch short. If your belt deflection is set right, you should be able to hAve 1/8 stick outside rear clutch. If not its to short and ur under drive will suffer once ur up and moving it won't really matter then.

These belts are coming threw 1/4 inch short. If your belt deflection is set right, you should be able to hAve 1/8 stick outside rear clutch. If not its to short and ur under drive will suffer once ur up and moving it won't really matter then.
Which belts are a 1/4" short??

So, the one's you measured were short???

The gates belts I have are the same as or longer then the stock polaris axys belt?? That's measuring pitch length too.
Are the gates belts you have short??

IMAG0691.jpg
IMG_20150720_085225.jpg
IMG_20150720_085104.jpg

The carlisle compound is similar to OEM std. not as hard as oem hard. cat offered 2 compounds in all their belts. the carlisle is between the too. for me its a no brainer. they are consistent in length and have not presented any problems in tune .
##### in tune I mean ,, from belt to belt we do not have to change our clutching OR our center to center.. belt lengths that vary mean center to center MUST vary with them or ALL ratios of shift are WRONG. some think it is just deflection and low gear.. NO SIR. the pulley system relies totally on the belt length and the center distances.

Back
Top Bottom