• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Best adjustables

800imp

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
20 switchback assault 850
I've been running SLP magnum force. They seem to pull very well but really don't like the low engagement plus the high finish they need which limits spring choice.

Have also run SSI's which i thought worked well. Just more of a pain to adjust.

Thoughts on the best adjustables out there for the SBA. Also what's working for drags. Turbo Mags?

I've been running SLP magnum force. They seem to pull very well but really don't like the low engagement plus the high finish they need which limits spring choice.

Have also run SSI's which i thought worked well. Just more of a pain to adjust.

Thoughts on the best adjustables out there for the SBA. Also what's working for drags. Turbo Mags?
I have a Dalton set up with QAP3 weights with a 3/8 at the tip and a 5/8 at the heel, Dalton 100-305 primary spring. Secondary is a P2 with a 140-200 tabbed Polaris spring with a 50-44 fully progressive helix. This set up works extremely well. Tomorrow I'll be trying my Turbo Mags with them fully loaded with two 1 inch screws per weight and a Speedwerx 122-285 spring. The Turbo Mags have a primary weight of 60 grams. For some reason with the P2 you need more weight. You can buy the weight screws from a hardware store. Once you have a set up that you like make sure that you Loctite them in.

Let us know how the TM's work out.

I did A lot of sxs testing with SSI's, 10 series and SLP magnum force lately. Tried all the common springs and helix 's that work. 48/44fp, 46/42fp...... you get the point.

Surprisingly the SLP magnum force with a 160/340 spring, the stock helix and 140/220 secondary spring works. That's what SLP recommended. It is very hard to beat this setup. Wasn't sure about it at first but after testing I will be sticking with them.

Some will disagree with the stock Helix and the 340 finish. I will be trying a 165/327 team spring but overall SLP's setup pulls hard bottom to top and is very consistent. Comes out at 8150-8200 builds to 8400 if loaded right.

I would be curious how you do with a 140/200 secondary spring vs. a higher start/finish rate. Likely may shift out better for more MPH.

Let us know how the TM's work out.

I did A lot of sxs testing with SSI's, 10 series and SLP magnum force lately. Tried all the common springs and helix 's that work. 48/44fp, 46/42fp...... you get the point.

Surprisingly the SLP magnum force with a 160/340 spring, the stock helix and 140/220 secondary spring works. That's what SLP recommended. It is very hard to beat this setup. Wasn't sure about it at first but after testing I will be sticking with them.

Some will disagree with the stock Helix and the 340 finish. I will be trying a 165/327 team spring but overall SLP's setup pulls hard bottom to top and is very consistent. Comes out at 8150-8200 builds to 8400 if loaded right.

For low elevation (0-2500’), it’s hard to beat the ease of set screw adjustable weights . No serperating clutch or taking belt off :rolleyes:

For profiles, that’s a different story
o_O

Yes, ease of adjustment is nice.

Profile wise SLP's are close to 10's.

I should have added all testing was on hard pack about 800' runs. Also tried some 40mph rolls. SLP's really seem to put some distance in the mid. Just thought I would share.
If there's a better profile weight please share. Still curious about the turbo mags and what helix/spring is working with them.

Let me just share.....it's tough to beat a well set-up machine running Cutler Turbo Mags. The aggressive profile, the ease of adjustment...the AXYS 800's love em. My Asssult and SWB ProX are animals running these weights.

My buddy's on stock AXYS 800's are amazed at how drastic the pull is versus 10 series, SSI adjustables and even Dalton's. Can't comment on the SLP Magnums as I haven't run them, but if they're anything like the Cutler's, they'll be a winner.

What springs / helix are you running with the turbo mags?

I try to go w/lightest springs possible and load motor with the weights. 120/310 is a great primary spring. 140/200, 140/220, 155/222 are all good secondary spring choices.

I try to go w/lightest springs possible and load motor with the weights. 120/310 is a great primary spring. 140/200, 140/220, 155/222 are all good secondary spring choices.

I've always taken that approach as well. Just can't with the SLP's. The higher start and finish primary spring are needed with these weights and secondary as I posted. Can't run much helix with them either. They shift out pretty hard.

You running the stock Helix with the TM's.

Let me just share.....it's tough to beat a well set-up machine running Cutler Turbo Mags. The aggressive profile, the ease of adjustment...the AXYS 800's love em. My Asssult and SWB ProX are animals running these weights.

My buddy's on stock AXYS 800's are amazed at how drastic the pull is versus 10 series, SSI adjustables and even Dalton's. Can't comment on the SLP Magnums as I haven't run them, but if they're anything like the Cutler's, they'll be a winner.

What base weight are you using for your Turbo Mags ?

I've always taken that approach as well. Just can't with the SLP's. The higher start and finish primary spring are needed with these weights and secondary as I posted. Can't run much helix with them either. They shift out pretty hard.

You running the stock Helix with the TM's.

Modified helixes for both my Team Tied and TSS-04 that I'm running. Both helixes are full progressive.

Based on Cutlers website info are you guys using the 60 gram base turbo mags?

Yes. They act like 65's as the base though due to their aggressive nature. I believe CPC explains how to go about ordering the correct application on their website.

Been using this method for years with great results on timing system and cooler clutches and belt.

The CPC Turbo Mags are agreat aggressive profile that lets you load the motor with lower engagement and top end springs. We’re all using 110/290, 100/305, 122/285, 120/300, 120/310 springs for great 60’ times .These weights are the tits . Stm super tips are too, but pain to add/remove washers vs set screw turbo mags.
Super tips are tucked 0.030” like cat weights were turbo mags for Polaris aren’t.

These tm along with a P2 is an amazing set up. Quick, great backshift and good mph. Around 68 grams with a 110/290 or a dalton 100/305 with a 50/42 or 50/44 fp in P2 with a 140/200 tabbed spring works very well. Loads motor for great up shift and gets good backshift too. Bigfuse, haulin , mr indy and more are running this set up and love it. Ask them too ?
So they have the same heel as polaris 10? If so I’ll have to try them!

So they have the same heel as polaris 10? If so I’ll have to try them!

When I spoke to them a while back, the owner specifically said they are not tucked like others where you would have to worry about reshimming clutch.

Like I said, I wanted something I could just throw into my current set-up and adjust the weights where needed.

Doc turned me on to these weights and I haven't looked back.

How much weight can you add? Wesbite shows 10g 60to70g. Talked to someone and he said 8g max which kinda puts mine on the edge of having to run fully loaded when using a pipe. Ordered a set of 60's thinking I could go up to 70g.

10g of adjustment sounds about right. I'd have to look at the packaging to confirm. I run a Jaws pipe on one sled and an SLP single pipe set on another. These weights are my preferred choice and I don't come close to using 8g-10g of the adjustment screws. R's are right where they need to be as both pipes like to run more than the 8300 used on a stock pipe sled.

Back
Top Bottom