• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Best clutch kit??

BigFuse - you ever tried the Dalton Tungsten Super Slugs in the tips of the Turbo Mags (vs. welding on tip weight)? Dalton doesn't sell them anymore, but there is a guy making something similar on eBay...
No I haven't. I emailed Dalton and they won't make them anymore because Dale Toole told me that they throw more away trying to make them than they have keepers. My friend has a set but he won't part with them. :(

The TM's have very little shift force down low and then become very aggressive mid/top. Heavy tips make for a very lazy set up with those weights. They need heel weight more than anything IMO. I was loading them about 70%heel. 30%tip. Take it for what it's worth but I played around and tested quite a bit with them lately. 60g base.

The TM's have very little shift force down low and then become very aggressive mid/top. Heavy tips make for a very lazy set up with those weights. They need heel weight more than anything IMO. I was loading them about 70%heel. 30%tip. Take it for what it's worth but I played around and tested quite a bit with them lately. 60g base.
What's your gearing, primary set up, and secondary type and spring and helix?

Tss04 and 1.74. Tested several springs and helix. Always needed heel weight with the TM's.

That being said I also switched back to using SLP magnums. The TM's are a good drag racing weight but the SLP's are far better overall.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom