• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

BIG WHEEL KIT

MR INDY

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
32 yeras
Snowmobile
2016 Pro S 800 switchback
I am looking at putting a big wheel kit on my 2016 switchback 800 i was looking at trick toys and decided to go with the 8 inch kit just wondering if i should go with three wheels or 4 wheel mainly trail riding any thoughts

The rear wheels are already 8 inch aren't they? Or are they 7.?? ?

Last edited:
The switch is 6.325" wheels
The assault is 7.25" wheels

You can only go 2" bigger then factory.

I got 9" wheels from tricked toyz. I went with 3 with one on center and outters. I don't stud on outside or in the middle so the wheels won't run over stud backers

I got mine matte black 8 spoke

Your right Brock. I just measured. For some reason I thought the AXYS ran bigger wheels. I also quicly measured my 15 ND6, it has 7 inch, could be 7.25.

Will you guys have to run offset axles? Post some pics

i called tricked toys and was informed that they didn't have a big wheel kit for my sled 2016 switchback because it has the small 6.325" wheels and dont have they axle offset for that small of wheel
The person i was speaking to was also saying about the wheels hitting something maybe the Rush but i cant see it hitting on the switchback ,they have a kit for 7.25 wheel that didnt really make sense
I wondering if there are any other companies that make the proper offset axle to go from 6.325 to 8 inch i had a 2006 fusion with a 128 m10 on it and i put a 8 inch kit on it just not sure who made it just hate the look of that little wheel

thanks just spoke to them they have the kit $150 for the axle and $40 per wheel

I chose to get the axle kit for 20mm wheels and I am running black arctic cat wheels off an "m" sled in case I need to find a wheel on a trip.

i was told they were 25mm but i will ask for the 20 mm i agree if you loose one you can pick one up locally do you have any pics of what your switchback looks like with the wheel kit

IMG_2674.JPG

Cris at tricked toyz told me a 8" wheel kit was available for stock 6.325" wheels ??

thanks for posting the picture looks good
i will call and ask for Cris I was speaking with someone but it wasn't Cris
thanks

spoke to tricked toys they are looking into it they are not sure if all 4 big wheels will fit or if they have to use stock wheels in the middle I also emailed them and was told they have an axle for it but with the small wheel being 6.325 I would need 7.25 or 8.25 and 8.25 would be a custom wheel size they are looking into it and will get back to me keep you posted
jfaub63 are all your wheels 8 inch and how many do you run

Last edited:
yes all 8 inch wheels, im running 4, arctic cat #3604-073

yes, if just changing wheels you put the offset facing forward. you can get fit 25mm bearings which fit avid 8" wheels or 20mm bearings. I actually order the 25mm by mistake I just turned the bearing surfaces down to 20mm.

spoke to tricked toys they are looking into it they are sure if all 4 big wheels or if they have to use stock wheels in the middle I also emailed them and was told they and axle for it but with the small being 6.325 I would need 7.25 or 8.25 and 8.25 would be a custom wheel size they are looking into it and will get back to me funny thing I asked for Chris and was informed no Cris works there keep you posted jfaub63 are all your wheels 8 inch and how many do you runn
I might have been wrong with his name which doesn't matter cause they do make an offset axle that will make 6" wheels to 8" and 7" wheels to 9"
That's the correct information

for a 7.25 inch wheels at the back, do we need an offset axle or it can clear a little bigger wheels?

Back
Top Bottom