• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bikeman pipe cracked

proS800

I was the first person to receive my bikeman pipe since I live right next to them. After about 6-700 miles it began to crack at the spring perch. I called neal up and told me to come right over and grab a new one. The new batch of pipes have been revised and now have a relief pressed in so it doesn't come so close to the bulk head support when mashing on it. I guess his was ground down for the durability kit and when they made the first pipes they forgot that so it sat alot closer. Awesome guys and warrantied it right away.
20160217_182405.jpg

It's not a silicone rvt. It's a muffler/exhaust weld paste for car exhaust. Works way better I think. You can get it at any autof part store but it's by the exhaust section not the normal glue and seal section. I'll get a picture of the tube when I get home for ya

It drys hard. I've never had it leak after using this stuff and if I don't use it I get black oil that leaks out the bottom from that gasket. But when I use this it seals right up. Had 600 miles on it and no leaks

Black high temp RTV will last for a while, but will eventually burn out. My favorite connection is a flange on the pipe where a Grafoil cone shape donut fits on it. Those gaskets last forever and stand up to slight flexing of the pipe to y-pipe connection. And they seal up very well.

Doo2poo's bikeman pipe cracked first and this made pros800 look at his. Glad you did bud.
They need to lower the pipe at y pipe area so it's not so close to upper bulkhead and change spring perches. Not a good design.

They updated recent pipes to do just that....

Doo2poo's bikeman pipe cracked first and this made pros800 look at his. Glad you did bud.
They need to lower the pipe at y pipe area so it's not so close to upper bulkhead and change spring perches. Not a good design.

Back
Top Bottom