• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bikeman pipe real world feedback

j2hizzo

I ran my 15' rush axys 800 all stock with studs in a small field recently groomed aNd hit 101mph. I went home and installed a bikeman pipe with stock silencer. I went back to field and did same pulls and back and forth. I hit 105. I went to a longer straight and hit 109mph and it was still climbing slow. Best speed i got out of stock pipe was 104 on a mile long pull in very similar conditions. So real world result say the pipe works. I am puzzled though because i never added weight to clutches and it only tachs 50 rpms more than stock pipe yet it pulls so much better especially on top.

No. Not yet. I will next year. I wanted to see if pipe worked and it seems to. Just figured id pull more rpms even with just the pipe. Im loving the results so far though

I ran my 15' rush axys 800 all stock with studs in a small field recently groomed aNd hit 101mph. I went home and installed a bikeman pipe with stock silencer. I went back to field and did same pulls and back and forth. I hit 105. I went to a longer straight and hit 109mph and it was still climbing slow. Best speed i got out of stock pipe was 104 on a mile long pull in very similar conditions. So real world result say the pipe works. I am puzzled though because i never added weight to clutches and it only tachs 50 rpms more than stock pipe yet it pulls so much better especially on top.
What rpm were you running when you got this mph ??

I noticed this pipe likes heat...how do i wrap it? And what kind of exhaust wrap do i use? Do i wrap entire pipe?

It says in the instructions that my target should be no more than 8300 with bmp pipe and everything else stock. It said id need to add weight though which i never did and im hitting desired peak rpm anyway.

Stock i hit 8150-8250 and pipe was 8250-8300

Should be 8400 target with just pipe to stock everything else ?

The stock pipe only likes 8250 top rpm unless timing is retarded like the 17 models 800's then it will carry rpm higher to 8400= more mph

Usually more rpm up top gets you more mph . Maybe your revving your bmp pipe a higher target then the stock , so you see more mph and a little added hp up top ?

Brock, is you pipe of choice still bmp for a 2017 sb assault of something different?
For stock 800 motor , the jaws, bmp and slp are good choices that we've seen

It's not just about the added hp, it's getting a hotter pipe temp too

No. Not yet. I will next year. I wanted to see if pipe worked and it seems to. Just figured id pull more rpms even with just the pipe. Im loving the results so far though
I think you will find that the bullydog tune plays some games with the timing to build and maintain pipe heat in the mid range.

How much of a differnence does the tuner make with the pipe compared to running the pipe without the tune?

The stock pipe only likes 8250 top rpm unless timing is retarded like the 17 models 800's then it will carry rpm higher to 8400= more mph

If a 16'is flashed to the 17' ECU would the stock pipe still need to rev to 8400?

Tapatalk blackmamba

How much of a differnence does the tuner make with the pipe compared to running the pipe without the tune?

Here's the dyno chart bmp has on their website under the Axys section
678273931b4d79ea9525062f61c5d817.jpg

3 HP difference?????? What is the point of spending $800 on a tuner?

3 HP difference?????? What is the point of spending $800 on a tuner?

This is what I've heard from Joey at bmp so take that however you want. But he says the advantage of the bullydog tune on top of he pipe is added power throughout the rev range, not just on top. Unless you're balls to the wall all the time, I'm sure the extra midrange grunt is nice. It also cleans up some of the iffy things in the stock map.

Adding a pipe vs stock pipe and getting better mph comes down to a little added hp and rpm. It's that easy .

Here's the dyno chart bmp has on their website under the Axys section
678273931b4d79ea9525062f61c5d817.jpg
I believe this chart is with the correction factors off .
We tested 3 different axys models with bmp mods and never got close to those numbers at dtr

Like I said, their chart and info from their employee so take it how you want. I do know many guys running their stuff are very happy tho.

The jaws, slp and bmp are close in the field and on Dyno .

Pick whichever you want .

Moral of OP's story is , a little more hp and rpm equal more mph, it's that simple

all pipes need to contain heat on a 2 stroke...wrap it ,has to be done and only cover like the jaws covers do or like the stock covers.NOT the header..

Back
Top Bottom