• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bikeman vs. SSI vs. ??

ttraynor

OK--Without starting a war--and I posted over HERE as cooler (more informed?) heads prevail: Bikeman has that AXYS 800 Stage 3 kit which has accompanying dyne plots--and preliminary indications are the the pipe does what they say--so maybe the whole kit DOES make 20+ horsepower. And then there is the (near-identical?) SSI stuff from the former partner of Bikeman.

In case you don't know--the Bikeman Stage 3 is: Pipe; head; Durability kit; Bullydog--pre-programmed; Clutch kit. No mention of the can--probably doesn't change horsepower so it not a mandatory component.

If I "build" the same kit via SSI then just add the programmed Bullydog from Bikeman--it is considerably cheaper--component-to-component than the Bikeman products. Like $400 bucks--so "free" titanium can--which weighs 2.8 lbs (Yes--I AM a weight weenie).

My concerns are will both kits perform about the same as they sorta kinda came from the same brain trust? And is the quality/support there in both instances? And would the Bullydog programmed by bike man be about the right program as the kits and research are so similar.

Of course I should probably wait for the Dynotech shootout for more answers (Aaen pipe--particularly)--but wondered about swinging for all this now so I would definitely have the sled when the snow finally arrives.

Civil thoughts? And thanks in advance!

Not sure about all that what my question is about the aaen pipe for the 800 axys. Is it available yet???

Wait for Brock to go to DTR with his setup from Terra-Alps, it's basically the answer your looking for to the tee.Only difference Brock's will be ported.

Wait for Brock to go to DTR with his setup from Terra-Alps, it's basically the answer your looking for to the tee.Only difference Brock's will be ported.
Then it will be just quessing to judge it vs a unported motor.

I have a problem with all these so called " fix it/ durability kits"
It's only better then stock if the tolerances and materials are better. Who can test these so called materials to see if there stronger???
Some Kits of the past were no better then factory. I can't speak for the new 800 ho motor because I haven't measured a kit yet. I'm curious to see.

I do know this. The cat cast pistons with proper shim is a durability kit.

Love the idea of Cat cast pistons, since cat dealer is a good guy just down the street I would love to support. Where would I get the "proper shim" to run cat pistons?

Guess i will be calling tomorrow. Do I also need to get new "longer" studs like they supply in the "durability" kits, or can I re-use OEM?
They will supply all that's needed my friend :)

Went ahead with Terra Alps. prices are not bad once you figure currency conversion rates.

I called Saturday and got no answer. He called BACK in 3-minutes and gave a very sound, logical explanation of his "durability kit" vs others in terms of piston specs and material choices.

I'm getting the Durability kit; head--which CONTAINS his thermostat; A PC 5 programmed. His pipes are coming soon--but said run the SLP I have it should work fine.

64258923_n.jpg
Not sure about all that what my question is about the aaen pipe for the 800 axys. Is it available yet???

Yes they are now available.

Ya I've talked to Erich to. He's a cool guy. I take it you are from Minnesota then? We should ride together!!! Ya I'm doing the ssi pipe mode on my rush. I have the bikeman pipe on my Switchback but wanted to keep the rush a sleeper and the ssi pipe mod makes power. I think I'm gonna do the ssi head on my Switchback as well. Did you ask Erich on gearing for the axys? He told me to leave it stock

Ya I've talked to Erich to. He's a cool guy. I take it you are from Minnesota then? We should ride together!!! Ya I'm doing the ssi pipe mode on my rush. I have the bikeman pipe on my Switchback but wanted to keep the rush a sleeper and the ssi pipe mod makes power. I think I'm gonna do the ssi head on my Switchback as well. Did you ask Erich on gearing for the axys? He told me to leave it stock

:eek:o_O:Banghead

Nice! Ya Erich told me the same exact thing with his parts to leave the gears stock. I believe they were just doing long speed runs when testing that's why the stock gears worked well. I told him I was going to a 1.74 ratio and he said they tried that and only gained a sled I'm the first 500 feet then the stock gearing came around the geared sled. Kinda all depends on how far you have to racelebrate really. Ya I'm with you I didn't wanna cut up my stock pipe that's why I went with the bikeman. That pipe made 10hp. I might do the pipe mod on my stock rush cuz I still have my stock pipe off my Switchback I can swap back on incase of warranty work on either sleds lol. I just went up to the north shore by duluth yesterday. About 10 inches of good snow there. Worth the 4 hour drive forsure

If we got some snow we should hook up and ride. I'll let you ride my sled to see how you like it so you know if u wanna regear or pipe it

I have been personal friends with shops that designed pipes and clutch kits. The majority use the stock gearing and don't test other hearing the dyno and field test for pipes and clutching. I guarantee Eric didn't try other gearing or Slp.There designing stuff to make a buck not to get ever inch out of your sled. With them selling gears there is hardly any profit in it so they wouldn't waste there time.

I agree 100%

Most of these shops don't test all kinds of gearing ratios because that takes time. They bolt a clutch kit on , and whatever else. They don't have time to test all different kinds gear ratios. That s why they tell you to stick with stock gearing. Because most haven't even tried. If they would, they would see a huge difference in gains.

Back
Top Bottom