• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bolt on HP mods. Have pipe whats next?

coryatver

Do any aftermarket heads actually add power?

Y Pipes? straight-line performance has one. Bikeman coming out

Reeds?

I know there are stroker, big bores but not sure I want to go that far yet...
Now you can get a silber turbo kit for 3400...

Last edited:
Depends on your budget?

Clutching and gearing is around $2-400.00 and gains a lot if set up properly on a stock motor. I'm all about drive-line efficiency first before any engine mods. Get that power to ground first and properly then add engine mods .clutching,gearing,alignment, suspension set up,extra wheel kits, air intake kits. Get the most out of what you got first.

Heads alone on stock engine if done properly will be more fuel responsive(efficient)better cooling and might add 1 hp honestly on a stock motor. Only verification is dyno it.

This can create different ideas for sure. I'm about what I said first. Get the mofo getting power to the ground first as most friction free and efficiently first.(this gains a ton over stock by the way). Then apply your engine mods. Just the way I roll.

Depends on your budget?

Clutching and gearing is around $2-400.00 and gains a lot if set up properly on a stock motor. I'm all about drive-line efficiency first before any engine mods.
Get that power to ground first and properly then add engine mods .clutching,gearing,alignment, suspension set up,extra wheel kits, air intake kits. Get the most out of what you got first.

Heads alone on stock engine if done properly will be more fuel responsive(efficient)better cooling and might add 1 hp honestly on a stock motor. Only verification is dyno it.

This can create different ideas for sure. I'm about what I said first. Get the mofo getting power to the ground first as most friction free and efficiently first.(this gains a ton over stock by the way). Then apply your engine mods. Just the way I roll.
That's the way that I was taught. Div20

what about removing the thermostat from the stock head I see some heads like bikeman don't run one and looks like terra alphs uses a cat thermostat

Last edited:
I don't know about y pipes adding huge gains over the stock y pipe,but you get a good pipe like jaws or bikeman with it. Add a fuel controller and a decent map and that should be a solid 10hp gain with 4-5 ft/lbs. of torque too.
Piston,shim,head,pipe,and fuel controller should be 10-15 hp gain
840 stroker from Terra Alps is 20-25 hp gain with about 10-16 ft/lbs. of torque
Depends on what you wanna spend??

I took my t stat out of my stock rush. Runs way cooler. I also don't run a t stat in my Switchback with bikeman head. I did notice more mid range pull with the head.

Silber turbos I don't think fit the pro s/x bulk head. At least I know the boondocker kit doesnt. Silber won't answer me back on that one

It's about $100.00-200.00 per hp from 0-10hp.
After 10 hp and greater, get your wallet out!

Well new Pipe dream numbers from straight line performance

16+ hp full system including y pipe without fuel controller needed

21+ with pcv with timing

image.jpeg

The 16 hp is with Y pipe, Pipe, and muffler. They are claiming +3 hp with Y pipe. So 13 hp with pipe and silencer Wonder if Bikeman's Y pipe will also make that much.

A Y pipe would be an easy bolt on upgrade...

I'm skeptical about these gains.

I asked them to send a pipe to dtr so we can test
I'll wait for their reply

Reactions: Lid
An easy bolt-on (or easier) if you don't have electric start! You have to loosen up steering post and loosen up electric start motor to get Y-Pipe out....

The 16 hp is with Y pipe, Pipe, and muffler. They are claiming +3 hp with Y pipe. So 13 hp with pipe and silencer Wonder if Bikeman's Y pipe will also make that much.

A Y pipe would be an easy bolt on upgrade...

Back
Top Bottom