• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Brand New XCR 800 PIDD Issue

Januch09

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 S/B XCR 800
Hey guys, new here. Just bought a brand new left over s/b XCR 800 with factory installed PIDD. Gauge was working perfectly fine when it came to settings, display, and gauges. As soon as I would hit the button to show my maps, the screen would go black and the buttons would stay illuminated but no response. I have to cycle the key and reboot the dash like 6-10 times in order for it to start working again ]and go back to the main screen. Anyone have this issue? The sled has zero miles on it.

I tried downloading the latest maps and updating it but that didn't change anything.

Any help appreciated! Thanks
-Frank

I have h trouble in the past with it taking the update. Had to erase memory stick and start over. Making sure to unzip and then bring each file over separately to memory stick. What does the update version say in system maintenance. It should coincide with update version number once initialized into PIDD.

Try a factory reset. Then make sure it functions as it should prior to doing any updates. If it does I would suspect a bad update package. Check your download, and unzip/move one at a time as suggested above.

I have h trouble in the past with it taking the update. Had to erase memory stick and start over. Making sure to unzip and then bring each file over separately to memory stick. What does the update version say in system maintenance. It should coincide with update version number once initialized into PIDD.

I did unzip and there's 3 files that transfer over. I do the update on the PIDD and says successful. Then I go to map and screen goes black. So odd.... I haven't checked the version in system maintenance I will shortly.

Try a factory reset. Then make sure it functions as it should prior to doing any updates. If it does I would suspect a bad update package. Check your download, and unzip/move one at a time as suggested above.
How do I factory reset?

There is a 2amp fuse just inside the right side in behind battery in a fuse holder. Possibly loose and causing it to keep rebooting black screen. Worth a try.

There is a 2amp fuse just inside the right side in behind battery in a fuse holder. Possibly loose and causing it to keep rebooting black screen. Worth a try.

I mean it's def worth a shot. I talked to Polaris today. This issue is apprently a common issue. They sent me the remedy to fix it. Saying I needed the map update as well as the software update. I did what they said and still same issue :/

Did you start engine and go to update screen and press and hold the initialize button for 10 seconds ? This is what reboots it .

Take it to your dealer. You have warranty?

Did you start engine and go to update screen and press and hold the initialize button for 10 seconds ? This is what reboots it .
i figured out how to get it back to main screen once it's blacked out. I talked to polaris and they sent me a link on what to fix and that it is a common issue. well i did what they told me and still having an issue.

Take it to your dealer. You have warranty?
well my closest dealer is 2+ hours away :/ but i actually left it at a dealer in upstate NY after riding this weekend. Found a good place on the ride home to leave it and I'll just pick it up next time I head up there to ride.

It stinks the issue your having I have heard others are having similar issues, even my dealer said something about it when I picked up my new sled. Yesterday I did the update on both my 15 and 19 and all seemed to go well.

So the dealer replaced my PIDD under warranty. Everything was working perfectly, rode the sled all weekend not a single issue. The other day I took the sides and top off and unplugged the screen. Put it all back together, now my gauge won't turn on at all. I can't win. And yes it's plugged in. I tested pins, i have ground and power. Anyone have any ideas?

There is a inline fuse in behind the battery area and I have had this blow on me before while working on my sled. Check that to make sure it’s not blown. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom