• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Broken Exhaust Valve Guide

Buck

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Switchback Pro S
Has anyone seen this happen? 2017 800 Switchback 5000miles. Motor blew, right side jug done. This is the left side and obviously was broken for awhile, found the piece in the exhaust can. We had quite the beer can discussion on how the guide got into the exhaust (engine already left for rebuild) and can only think it wore the pocket to the point it fell in the cylinder and out the exhaust. There was no sign of damage to that piston or dome. Strange for sure.

Attachments

• Broken Exhaust Guide 2.jpg
    Broken Exhaust Guide 2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Broken Exhaust Guide.jpg
    Broken Exhaust Guide.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I have the same problem also have 5000 miles. ordered the four exhaust valve parts (two for each cylinder called upper and lower valve). My question is replace the valve and torking it into the assembly how do you get it straight for the cylinder opening so its not binding or rubbing?

think there some kind of alignment tool needed, might have take it to a dealer , or buy the tool

Just replace the valve. Unbolt and replace it. The center bar is the part Poo recommends a procedure tool for... Same with the cable. Just replace it.. no need to relearn in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom