• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

BUlly Dog SLP VS Bikeman

shwantz34

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Indy 850 XC 129
Does somebody know why the Bully Dog GT is $200.00 cheaper at SLP than BMp ?

SLP $499.00
BMP $699.00 ????

i seems to me that its the same unit
Do i miss something ?

I wondered the same. I went with slp BD because had the slp pipe. BMP seems to send their customers custom tunes if they are in need so maybe it's kinda built in service. Not for sure tho. I don't think they charge extra for the custome tunes so sounds like a pretty good deal

Bikeman tunes are custom and built for the pipe and other supporting mods. And the customer service working with them and the bully dog has been awesome. It may be alittle more but you definitely get what you pay for. With over 20 maps in that ecu it takes alot of dyno and field testing to make a tune for each stage. Alot of work went into those maps

I too am very happy with Bmp products and services. The customer service has been great.

What about data log. I understand that you have to go on their web site dowload your map their to be able to see what is hapening in your sled ???
wtf is that ????
just to see what you log ??

You just download the software to view to datalog? Have you ever datalogged before? Its the same with most softwares. I have several different ones i use on my turbo cars. Works awesome for dialing in clutching in a 2 stroke because you can record up to 20 mins per log.

You can see anything in the ecu. You pick. Air fuel, rpm, intake temp, knock, timing, injector pulse, coolant, rpm, boost, etc

20170122_204040.jpg

how many parameter can you record at the same time ?

can you see what setting they have put in their map like oil pump etc
can you see what the mapping looks like ( richer or poorer, advance etc)

i find the product very interesting, but i hate to be dependable of a third party
to be able to do a mods, when i pay $800.00 for a dummy interface....

I pay that kind of money for software on my motorcycle, but i can acces and mod any parameter,

You can do 8 different sensors for recording at a time i think. No you cant see any of the maps but they change it and i swear my life on it. Ive been to the shop and tested there and watch neal adjust my maps himself so i know they are doing what they say. And my sled uses alittle more oil now so i know its injecting more. Its not really a big deal that you cant mess with rhe tuning. Do a couple data logs and if something is off send it in and we will look at and send you a new map asap and 5 mins you are out riding again. But they every stage tune pretty dialed in now after 3 seasons of testing. If you seen all the maps in the ecu you would double think it. Its not like a bike or car. Theres a map for every power valve stage puls altitude and corrction maps and more. Its very complex. I have well over 2k in aem and hondata software to tune my turbo racecar and its less complex then the polaris map and i have 2 different cam profile maps plus boost in that car all at once.
Bully dog controls who can adjust maps. Only dealers only. SLP cant give you the software to make your own maps either. Talk to bully dog about that. Its not bmps call.

Yes if you have afr like i do you can see if its rich or lean in whatever rpm. You can see timing advance and retard and knock as well

An afr gauge with a good wide band O2 sensor is a must

Also the bd docking display with the timing and knock retardation is a must. Great tool .

At the end of the day. All we really want is an afr at 13:1 after valves open and get the pipe heat needed to make the desired timing . Throw in a tank of 100:1 ratio every second , third or fourth tank , and you have a great package that will make power and last.

Neal and Joey are very approachable and will help you out no problem with the bd and tunes.

AEM now has a ECU for the Polaris RZR 1000 turbo. Maybe a few calls to them about doing if for the sleds. ?

Thank's for all reply, i'm sold to Bullydog From BMP, now.

Last thing that is not clear to me, For my AFR logging, what do i Need to make it work /record in the bully dog,
I already Have a Bosh LSU 4.2 O2 sensor, can i use it for my sled ?
what do i need to make it convert to air/fuel ratio ? how Bully dog will interpret the signal
from the O2 sensor ?

any Other tested O/2 sensor /convertor thta work straitgh and easy with the Bully dog ?

You need the bullydog docking station. It comes with the O2 sesnor you need. Thats the only one that will work with the bully dog so you can see it on datalogging. There are others but they are a seprate gauge and wont show up on datalogging.

You need the bullydog docking station. It comes with the O2 sesnor you need. Thats the only one that will work with the bully dog so you can see it on datalogging. There are others but they are a seprate gauge and wont show up on datalogging.

Good, but i don't find it on BMP website ? do you have a link for it ?
From pick i find on the Web it seems to be big (docking station) where do you put
it on the sled ?

Its not big at all. It should be on thier website. Thats where i found it before. I mounted mine right on top of my air box by the coils. Theres a flat spot where it fits perfect. Ill try finding a link for ya

Weird i cant find it now. I know they have it as i was just at the shop the other day. Might have to call neal or mark and ordee one by phone. Might get a better deal that,way,anyways

so you think, maybe i will have a better deal if i joint them by phone ?

right now its crazy expensive, BD + station + map in canadian $ its ridiculously expensive.......
I try on the Bikeman .ca its a bit less expensive and i will avoid duty taxe , but its confusing.... i'll try to
reach them both Monday, they seems to be close. Their web site are confusing....different information
(contradiction) beethween their wb site and level

To those using O2's? What is the life span of the sensor. I know oil isn't good for them. The hotter they see the cleaner they stay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom