• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

??? Bully Dog users ???

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
A few ?'s Do any of you leave mount them to the hood handle bars etc to view as you ride? Wondering about them being exposed to the elements? Regardless of where mounted to use them in this fashion are they plugged into the DW connector or in line with the ECM? When you reflash the ecm with one of Bikemans tunes, does the Bully store/retain the oem tune for future reinstall or do you burn it to a SD card or something?

A few ?'s Do any of you leave mount them to the hood handle bars etc to view as you ride? Wondering about them being exposed to the elements? Regardless of where mounted to use them in this fashion are they plugged into the DW connector or in line with the ECM? When you reflash the ecm with one of Bikemans tunes, does the Bully store/retain the oem tune for future reinstall or do you burn it to a SD card or something?

You may leave it mounted or not, totally a personal choice there. I leave mine mounted when I ride because I like to monitor Knock Retard (it'll show up on the Bully Dog gauge before your Polaris gauge flashes DET) in case I run into bad fuel along with monitoring my pipe EGT. The gauges are weather resistant, not water proof though so remove them if you anticipate them getting very wet due to rain or if you're washing your sled. Before I mount mine I also cover all the connections/openings with a layer of dielectric grease to keep the elements out and prevent corrosion. The Bully Dog plugs into the diagnostic port (DW connector). Before you flash the sled you can export your stock file tune otherwise the .RSP file inside the POLARIS folder on the memory card houses all the stock tune files for the sleds. When you go through the uninstall tune process it will flash your sled back to stock using the .RSP file. Exporting your stock file is more or less a fail safe/backup.

Back
Top Bottom