• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bullydog vs PC V advance ???

Does the factory ecu go to base maps at wot ? And by going to a wide band the ecu makes real time adjustments at wot ?
It reads air intake temp, coolant temp, rpm, pipe temp so on to decide what fuel to give. PCV just goes in between computer and the injector and most maps only change Full throttle fuel. So its doing nothing unless you got the throttle to the bars. And it can't change things like if its warm out the ECU will add more fuel, pull timing, PCV doesn't do anything while the ECU is making changes that make it run worse. You need bullydog to change these complex maps. Like mentioned there are like 30 different ones. Really not something you want to change trail side you need to collect a lot of data and look at the logs and go by that to make changes

Can the Bullydog make Data acquisition for AFR ?
Yes you get a pipe with extra bung for the sensor and it plugs into a box that converts it to digital that plugs into the bullydog. So AFR is displayed on there and you can data log it. graph it with other info RPM, throttle, DET, Pipe temp, so on

Are you able to switch between those 2 tunes on the fly with a map switch like on a PCV, or do you have to download/upload?
No you have to reflash the ECU. Its pretty easy though and can be done on the trail plug the power cord in to your battery and flash the ecu.

You can hold more than one tune on the bully dog no laptop needed but you have to reflash the ecu engine must be off. And ecu powered up. Only way to do this is ecu power up cord bully dog comes with which you can take with you

Very easy to download/change programs with a Bullydog tuner. Can be done on the trail while your buddy's have a cigarette.
But a word of caution. If you ever have a fail to download, or incomplete download, the Bullydog locks into TECH Mode only. Monitors everything, will NOT download programs. You have to call Bullydog and they will give you a code to unlock it. You will need your Bullydog ID code and your ECU number.

It reads air intake temp, coolant temp, rpm, pipe temp so on to decide what fuel to give. PCV just goes in between computer and the injector and most maps only change Full throttle fuel. So its doing nothing unless you got the throttle to the bars. And it can't change things like if its warm out the ECU will add more fuel, pull timing, PCV doesn't do anything while the ECU is making changes that make it run worse. You need bullydog to change these complex maps. Like mentioned there are like 30 different ones. Really not something you want to change trail side you need to collect a lot of data and look at the logs and go by that to make changes

Yes you get a pipe with extra bung for the sensor and it plugs into a box that converts it to digital that plugs into the bullydog. So AFR is displayed on there and you can data log it. graph it with other info RPM, throttle, DET, Pipe temp, so on

No you have to reflash the ECU. Its pretty easy though and can be done on the trail plug the power cord in to your battery and flash the ecu.

If i understand well, you can not do change to your map by your self ?
You only can datalog, send to bikeman then load a map that they will send back to You ?

what does the soft ware that come wiith the BD ?
can you see map end what they have change at least ?

If it was available for the Axys .i will go this way. they are at 20 minute from home, and they know their stuff,
i haveuse their prog on my 1100 turbo 270hp

http://www.vi-pec.com/ecus/powersport-ecus

Bully Dog is a delivery system and monitoring device. It can also store (record) information to its mini SD card. But only as much as the card can hold.

Changing between maps is easy and i do it on the trail when testing different stuff. I just bring my power up cord with and im done before my buddies smoking a cigarette.
In reality you shouldnt need to change maps like the powercomander. You donf need a hot map because the tune is always adjusting to give yoy besr performance just like the stock ecu does. If you have a O2 sensor like i do and data log you can see the maps are different. Leaner/richer. They arent just sending you the same tune and not doing anything if you have problems. The sd card hold alot. Ive had 10 tunes and over 20 data logs on and it wasnt close to being full.
No you cannot change the map yourself. Polaris, bullydog and others dont want the avg guy in there messing around. With over 30 different maps and correction factors its a whole different world in that ecu

Back
Top Bottom