• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Can I go to any dealer for warranty work?

Jesusfreak

So after some broken promises and no responses to several emails, I'm thinking of looking for a new dealer to service my MY 15.
Can I just contact any dealer and ask to schedule the service? I might be buying the wife a new axys as well[emoji39]

Btw, my original dealer didn't have a digital wrench when I stopped in there this winter!?

I went to another dealer back in 2011. About 45 minutes more to travel. Worth every minute and mile on the road. A good dealer is hard to find. Once you find one treasure the dealer like gold as a good dealer is really hard to find. My only regret about my current dealer is that I didn't do business with him sooner.

I hear ya there, my last dealer was a nightmare!! So I went back to my original dealer! And am totally satisfied with them!

I paid an extra $500 for my AXYS from my dealer vs. a big box dealer. WHY?, because they treat me right, and do all they can for me.
Worth every penny to me!

Btw, my original dealer didn't have a digital wrench when I stopped in there this winter!?
Is that even possible??:Banghead I thought that was an essential tool to be able to sell Polaris snowmobiles.

I don't know how Polaris can approve him???
A service report is supposed to be done when sled is purchased and every scheduled maintenance outlined by Polaris. The only way to do this is with a digital wrench.
something is not right here???

my dealer has dw. but might as well not. they don't know how to use it. oh and can't repair sleds to start with. I would think Polaris would correct this issue with piss poor dealers?

Can you please explain more.

Are you sure that dealer doesn't have digital wrench and you just didn't see it??

It's mobile now too, so any tablet or smart phone will work. Wireless vehicle link I think it's called.
Maybe you just didn't see it?? I dunno??

With today as Polaris vehicles stand, a dealer has to have a DW.
Screenshot_2015-06-04-10-09-19.png

Doesn't Polaris have classes or training for use of Digital Wrench?

When I was there this past winter having my idd reset, I asked one of the mechanics out back to hook it up and he laughed and said we (the dealer) don't have one.
And then when I questioned the owner he replied; you must read alot of things online?
I also asked about the fuel guage remapping while there and they didn't know anything about it? So I just did it myself at home.
Very sad, I had hoped for the best, but I just can't overlook that kind of incompetence...

When I was there this past winter having my idd reset, I asked one of the mechanics out back to hook it up and he laughed and said we (the dealer) don't have one.
And then when I questioned the owner he replied; you must read alot of things online?
I also asked about the fuel guage remapping while there and they didn't know anything about it? So I just did it myself at home.
Very sad, I had hoped for the best, but I just can't overlook that kind of incompetence...

this dealer wasn't in N.H. was it?

That's horrible ... too bad you, as a customer, had to put up with that. I hope at the very least that you got a smoking deal on your sled ... because you obviously are getting NOTHING for service. Ugh.

I tend to agree with Brock and the others in that you'd think an AUTHORIZED dealer would be required to have the DW tool. How this dealer can't have it is beyond comprehension. And then to add to that, not even being able to help you do the update for the IDD? Good grief. I think a call to Polaris Customer Service, or finding out who the regional rep is would be worth pursuing (especially if you plan to find a new dealer)!
That's a good idea Chris. Div20 The dealer sounds like a real hack.

Back
Top Bottom