• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Can't pull rpm with the common setup

RD, WHAT IS CONFUSING EVERYONE IS MY MOD WEIGHTS WEIGHT 70.3 TOTAL..IN THEORY IM ONLY RUNNING A 68 ON THE BIG END.HOWEVER IF YOU WEIGHTED A SET OF 68 GRM WEIGHTS THEN WEIGHTED 66 WITH 2 WELDEDED TO THE TIP THEY BOTH ARE 68 GRAMS CORRECT, THE DIFFERENCE IS I BET THE MODDED 66S WILL PUSH THE PRIMARRY FARTHER AND PULL HARDER. THEN FACTOR IN THE 2 GRAMS WELDED TO THE BASE FOR BELT PINCH AND YOU HAVE 70 GRAM WEIGHTS, WICH WILL ACT LIGHTER THEN 10-70 IN STOCK FORM. AND THE MODED WEIGHTS WILL FEEL BETTER IN THE MID BECAUSE THERE LIGHTER AND WONT MAKE THE MOTOR HAVE TO RECOVER.

When I had my primary clutch machined and balanced, I picked up anywhere from 50-100 RPM. I compensated the gain by throwing some weight at the motor and it worked out perfectly. Otherwise, I'd be in that 68-70g range as well.

23-40 gears. These weight have been balanced to 70.2. 70's are a little harder to balance than the 66 and below as they don't have the raised sides. The 66's are back in for now and will probably stay for the rest of this trip.
Dave read DRs last post !

image-jpeg.760
image-jpeg.760
Doc can 2 washers be welded under the tip? Is there room?

I agree with doc on the profile of 10 series. I like the profile. Buts it's lagging in heel and tip weight. You can modify a set of 10 series as said.

But I will put this out there too.

The Dalton and ssi adjustable weights are so close in profile to 10 series it's not funny.

So you can modify a set of 10 series or buy the adjustable weights I said .

All good Div20

On this site, I have this set up but seems im the only one with cutler turbo mag weights. At 65 g (nothing in the hole) it has a real good holeshot. Runs way better than stock.
PoPo, I have a set of TM cutler weights in a SKS that I set up. Stock primary spring( which I need to replace, on order) with 67 grams total, with 1.9 in tip, 48-44 full with 155-222 spring and 22/41 gears. Trail rides it and runs it at the hill drags, runs 8400 with pipe mod, no PCV in eth mode and 2.4 lug track. It rips , still a little tweeking left to do.

PoPo, I have a set of TM cutler weights in a SKS that I set up. Stock primary spring( which I need to replace, on order) with 67 grams total, with 1.9 in tip, 48-44 full with 155-222 spring and 22/41 gears. Trail rides it and runs it at the hill drags, runs 8400 with pipe mod, no PCV in eth mode and 2.4 lug track. It rips , still a little tweeking left to do.
Dr you run stock spring with 67g and turn 8400 ?? Does the pipe mod help get the rpm up? I ran 65g with 120-310, 50-44 155/222 and got 8250-8300 but not getting to top of primary. For me its trial and error as I have never done clutching. Will a 120-340 allow me to run more weight? And go with 140-220 secondary. I also have 140-200.

I wouldn't compensate using a heavy end spring like the 120/340 to use heavier weights. Not the way to go about it. To stiff on top and won't allow full shift out.

Use as much weight as u can with the lightest springs.

I personally like anything from a 245 to 310 finish end spring weight to be the most I will use.

Dave read DRs last post !
Knew about those a while back. DR has posted other pics of the washer welded to the side for more heal weight. I'd guess the washers are 1 gram each and the welds are also a gram each.

The rpms are back to 8,200 with the 66's. Good for now.

I wouldn't compensate using a heavy end spring like the 120/340 to use heavier weights. Not the way to go about it. To stiff on top and won't allow full shift out.

Use as much weight as u can with the lightest springs.

I personally like anything from a 245 to 310 finish end spring weight to be the most I will use.
Ok I will go back to 120/310. Just curious, why does slp stage 2 use 160/340? Any thoughts?

SLP is using MTX weights with the 160/340 primary spring . FYI it will full shift with low belt temps.

Dr you run stock spring with 67g and turn 8400 ?? Does the pipe mod help get the rpm up? I ran 65g with 120-310, 50-44 155/222 and got 8250-8300 but not getting to top of primary. For me its trial and error as I have never done clutching. Will a 120-340 allow me to run more weight? And go with 140-220 secondary. I also have 140-200.
POPO, YES IT TURNS 8400 FLAT OUT, PIPE MOD OR PIPE WOULD HELP CUZ UR MAKING MORE POWER, KEEP IN MIND AS YOU LOAD THE BOTTOM WITH THE 50 ON TAKE OFF THE RPM WANT TO BE ON THE UPWARD SWING SO YOU CAN CARRY THE REST OF THE RPM,OTHERWISE IT WILL UPSHIFT A BIT SLOW AND LOAD THE MOTOR TO HARD.THIS CAN KEEP THE MOTOR FROM RECOVERING THAT RPM AND THE SESULT IS A LITTLE LESS RPM ON TOP.WHATS THE GEAR? RATIO?DOES IT PULL OUT ON THE BIG END AND KEEP GOING? I WOULDENT WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT WHERE UR BELT IS UNLESS IT DOESNT RUN ON TOP

160 pretension is a high engager unless the heel is raised on a MTX?

Back
Top Bottom