• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Caster Ajustment

wisted

Can anyone with a service manual verify what the correct way for adjusting the front lower and upper A-arm bushing shafts. I have a operating manual and have adjusted them as follows:
1. Loosen the four lock nuts. 2. From the bushing side of each pivot, push the pivot toward the control arm. 3. While holding the pivot(s) in place, tighten the lock nuts. Torque: 30 ft-lbs (41 Nm) Do the same for upper and lower.
The problem I see with the above is caster will be all over the place dependent on where you are placing the upper compared to the lower. Is there a starting point i.e. lower pushed to the back, upper pushed to front or both pushed to the back.
Thanks

First off welcome to PSP. A growing community of Polaris gear heads.
As to your question, that's a good concern. As much as I've worked on Polaris sleds over the years,
I've never seen caster addressed.
Camber has always been a concern as well as toe-in (or toe- out in this case).
Hopefully someone here can answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom