• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Center Shock Reservoir Cover

Eric Egeland

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015 Polaris Rush Pro S 800
The center shock RESERVOIR on my 2015 Rush Pro S gets iced up immediately every time and makes the compression knob almost impossible to turn.

Anybody come up with a solve for this? I have searched everywhere for reservoir covers or short shock covers with no luck :(.

I'm in the same boat as you with a 2016 switchback Adventure with Fox shocks.
The ice buildup prevents access to the FTS adjusting knob after a few short miles.
Why couldn't POO make a remote reservoir to address this problem?

Just bought these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Neopr...129881?hash=item210f362e99:g:gbcAAOSw3mpXMuAF

You get all 5 for $10 so I can experiment to see which size works best. That center shock remote is upside down so I picture pulling the cover over the top and shutting it at bottom with the attachment point sticking thru the fold over top. I figure ANY blockage of snow hitting that adjuster knob HAS to help. Riding in Canada Jan 4th. I'll report when I get back :)

Keep us up to date. If those work, that would be great.

Ever consider a spray.. It's called SC1 It provides a coating (not sticky either) It provides a super clear protective coating. This product provides a slick surface so snow / ice won't stick to it. I spray it on my sleds plastics, then polish it up and leave the residue over your shocks so snow don't pile up in the suspension springs or all the nooks in the skis and body. This shit works. Don't spray it on matt surfaces though it will shine up ! If you thought your sled was shiny wait till you try this stuff. It makes faded plastics look new. Don't spray it on your seat. This stuff is not a Lacquer. More like spray on Teflon. Use a microfiber cloth to polish.
I use to use silicone (tent spray) but has a harmful ozone additive so I stopped. SC1 is ozone friendly. No cfc's. Your gonna need glasses after your done !! man it shines and keeps snow off. It cost 15 bucks and will save you lots of time. You'll find it at most sled / atv / bike shops. It's also used in the summer time for my dirt bikes. Makes cleaning / keeping crap off my toys a breeze. View attachment 2277 View attachment 2277

Attachments

• PC190241.JPG
    PC190241.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 334
  • PC190243.JPG
    PC190243.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 325

Back
Top Bottom