• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Check engine light

Phipp

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Rush 800 S
Hello, I'm a new member....looking for any input or advice. 2015 Polaris Rush 800 S

Problem: Check engine light comes on and sled immediately stalls. Typically happens the first time after longer runs of 15-20 miles. Seems to happen when I let off the throttle or reduce RPM's. After it happens once it seems to happen often until I let it cool down, seems like it only happens after it is warmed up nice, higher speeds, (even though the Temp is always around 120- 127). The shop has tried new TPS sensor, new throttle cable???

I can usually restart immediately, but after several failures in a short amount of time it doesn't want to start unless I hold the throttle wide open...typically can limp home a low speeds. If I let it sit and cool over lunch etc...it seems to be good for another longer run.

I appreciate any input, I'm not much of a mechanic but I could share your advice with my dealer.

Thanks!!

What's the code it's throwing?

The 15 needs tps setting at lowest spec. Throttle cable adjustment , throttle free play and idle rpm are huge and get over looked.

When you let off throttle and it stalls. What's the code ?? Det??

What's the code it's throwing?

The 15 needs tps setting at lowest spec. Throttle cable adjustment , throttle free play and idle rpm are huge and get over looked.

When you let off throttle and it stalls. What's the code ?? Det??

Thanks Brock! I'll find out and let you know. Merry Christmas!

Thanks Brock! I'll find out what the codes are and be in touch.

Back
Top Bottom