• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

checking suspension

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
IMAG0505.jpg

I'm just doing some maintenance checking and going over. Found two chunked wheels and 5 bearings gone. 2250 hard miles in snirt ,snow,ice, rocks and roads. Huge punishment. Warranty time :)

Hopefully they address the wheel issue for MY16 as well.... never heard of Polaris having so many bogie issues until 2015.

I don't know Tony, low snow year. I went through 2 wheels and 5 bearings in 3408 miles. My 03 XC 800 went through more than that, in less miles. Also these are lightweight wheels.
Yes, I hope they get better, but do to the harsh conditions, I have to say, not bad.

I don't know Tony, low snow year. I went through 2 wheels and 5 bearings in 3408 miles. My 03 XC 800 went through more than that, in less miles. Also these are lightweight wheels.
Yes, I hope they get better, but do to the harsh conditions, I have to say, not bad.
I agree.
back in the xcsp and the iq(Dragon) chasis with the full plastic 5" wheels it was worse for delaminating rubber from idler wheels.
These new light weight wheels don't seem to bad in my opinion.
Guys with improper torque on studs is causing wheel failure from what I've seen.
I have studs also. Two wheels chunked for the abuse I put it through ain't bad .Dunno

I wasn't in really to many low snow conditions this last year. And I had wheels and bearings changed on warranty as well.?.?. I only have 2040 miles. Hard miles, but most in great snow conditions. I guess they might have to take a look at that. Or I guess I'll just get new wheels every 1500 miles..lol...

My dealer said they tried and Polaris would not warranty the wheels

My dealer said they tried and Polaris would not warranty the wheels

The warrantied mine. In fact the dealer is the one that actually noticed the wheels and bearings. Then they were the ones that ordered them and got them and put them on without even telling me until I picked them up. Maybe I got lucky! Hopefully it doesn't happen again then. Cause they won't warranty them again, I'm sure... Do you guys notice a lot of chipping of the paint on your springs?? I guess there was just a ton of chips out of my FTS too, they also replaced that as well. And I looked at my wife's and hers had chips out of her front track shock springs, but not to bad. So I wonder how bad mine could of been for them to replace mine and not hers?? I didn't really look at mine before I dropped them off for the updates...

I do not have studs on my sled either...
You have a great dealer by the sounds of it.
The idler wheels delaminating could be poor from factory. And I could have abused them also with my studs. I'm willing to replace the 2 wheels at my cost. Not the 5 bearings though.

You have a great dealer by the sounds of it.
The idler wheels delaminating could be poor from factory. And I could have abused them also with my studs. I'm willing to replace the 2 wheels at my cost. Not the 5 bearings though.

I do have an awesome dealer!! And the bearings are what cost the money anyway... And I don't have studs and it was doing the same thing. But like the spring I never seen the wheels either. But I looked at my wife's today. And they all look great and all the bearings seamed to be good. So I don't get it??

The bearing was tight on the bad wheel also. If the wheels chunk again I will go to a solid, possibly aftermarket. Anyone know the diameter? I have correct new bearings if needed, forgot the number though. 6004?

Back
Top Bottom