• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Checking weights

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Since I have a jig in my shop to check weight profiles,heels,tucked,,pin placement,etc.....

My jig simulates the way the heel sits in clutch.

IMAG0688_1.jpg

these are both belly buster 70 gram weights. The one on the left is the newer version, the right is 10 + years old. The heel and pin placement(which you can't see) is exactly the same. The profile has changed drastically. The newer one is less aggressive, and the older version is very aggressive. I don't remember EPI saying they changed the belly buster weight profile????
IMAG0689_1.jpg

newer belly buster on left, 10 series, and older belly buster on far right. All 70 gram weights.
the new belly buster has a less aggressive curve then the 10 series. All these weights have the same heel and pin placement(which you can't see)

The slp weights definitely look heavier in the heel, mid and tip vs 10 series. That will pinch better then the 10 series for sure and pinch harder up top too.

I've tried everything but slp weights. Might have to try them. I like heavy heel, mid and tip. Something the 10 series lacks is tip weight. Weld .5 of a gram on tip of 10 series and they pinch better up top :D:D

I had awesome results with heavy hitters because there like a 10 series wieght and are extremely adjustable.

The SLP mtx weight does not have as wide of a shift face for the roller to run on. Has anyone seen more roller wear from that?

I had awesome results with heavy hitters because there like a 10 series wieght and are extremely adjustable.
IMG_20150721_125101.jpg

heavy hitters are at the bottom. My jig duplicates roller on spider. The heavy hitters are the most aggressive profile in that bunch, also a ton of heel weight.
10 and 11 series have almost the same profile, but different heels, mid and tip weight.

Every sled is different and alot of other stuff plays a role in how you have your weights set up including the secondary and gearing.On the track dyno and in the grass on timers in out application nothing was as quick as the heavy hitters with cutting the bottom of the heel to tuck the weights and you could add weight where you wanted on our old 2003 600ves.We have ran high 5.7's in 500ft in stock 600 grass drags.

Back
Top Bottom