• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutch machining

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
IMG_0699.JPG

The clutch is machined for overdrive, spring pockets are true and relieved, webbing is machined to run tucked weights. I do this on all of them and they've been working great since 2002.
Ask if you want it done properly Div20

View attachment 2023

The clutch is machined for overdrive, spring pockets are true and relieved, webbing is machined to run tucked weights. I do this on all of them and they've been working great since 2002.

View attachment 2023

Ok, I'll ask. First, where can I get this done? Second, what are tucked weights? I'm running the SLP setup now; weights, springs and exhaust. Planning on doing the 1.74 gearing this summer

I can do this as I do this for many

Tucked weights are

The heels are tucked so the pin (on spider)sits lower on the profile of weight which increased engagement.
Arctic cat has this for most of their weights in their primary's . I just machine webbing In Polaris primary just in case you wanna run tucked weights as the bottom of the weight would hit if it wasn't machined .

Slp weights are for higher elevation and have a flatter profile then most weights as closer to zero elevation the profile can be more aggressive

Thanks Brock, I will see how much shipping is from Wisconsin to Ontario Canada.

How much for two? I am near Madtown

I charge $100.00 to machine and if it needs a rebuild it's more. The machining process is needed if you want full capabilities and over drive

After this you'll have a wide arrange of springs to use. You can use the cat venom springs after which are a little smaller id and won't bind.More choice is better

Back
Top Bottom