• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutch weights

Snoman

Im fairly new to ths site and even newer to doing my own clutch work.
I've read everything on this site that pertains to clutching, a lot of info thanks guys. I think im heading in the right direction but still have questions and don't want to be a pain in the ass.
Have any of you guys used the rooster adjustable weights? I hear the daltons are good but as far as I can see you cant add weight to the tip. Apparently the roosters have 3 holes for more adjustability. Any thoughts here??

Many have used roosters and loves them.I personally haven't used them.I have used many different adjustable weights.Im a fan of heavy hitters.

Never tried heel clickers.

The team(now venom) rooster weights are the same profile and heel as the 10 series Polaris weights. So if your a fan of the 10 series, the rooster adjustable are for you Div20

I've heard that the 11 series weights pull really hard. Looking forward to trying them. Just looking at the profile they will definitely pull harder than the 10

The 11 series has more heel and tip weight , thinner profile and the heel isn't as tucked as the 10 series . This equals more belt pinch at engagement vs 10 series.
I like to tuck the 11 series the same as the 10 series as this throws the weight harder = more belt pinch. But you have to up the secondary spring start because of this.
Just what I've seen over the years

The 11 series has more heel and tip weight , thinner profile and the heel isn't as tucked as the 10 series . This equals more belt pinch at engagement vs 10 series.
I like to tuck the 11 series the same as the 10 series as this throws the weight harder = more belt pinch. But you have to up the secondary spring start because of this.
Just what I've seen over the years
So the standard 11 series, I'll have to throw in a 155-222. If you don't mind, what is the tuck of the heel? And I thought the ssi pro mags is tucked too much from what I've read on the forum?

The 11's have a taller heel. Less belt clearance.

So the standard 11 series, I'll have to throw in a 155-222. If you don't mind, what is the tuck of the heel? And I thought the ssi pro mags is tucked too much from what I've read on the forum?
Tucking the heel changes the engagement plus other things.
I don't like to use a heel that's tucked to much for fast trail. It's ok for drag racing.
The Ssi weights with a 120/300 spring engages around 4800 rpm, with the 10 series weights and same spring it's around 4000-4100 rpm.
The more the heel is tucked like the Ssi weights the less spring choices you have.

And the 11 series has more heel then the 10 series( which will engage at lower rpm vs 10 series)

If your gonna use a primary weight with heavier heel the the 10 series. I suggest moving to a secondary spring that has a 140-155 start rate

The 155-222 secondary is a great spring. I've used it myself in a few applications and it works extremely well. Div20

Back
Top Bottom