• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Compression Testing

ProX00

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Switchback ProX
I bought a compression tester at Harbor Freight today. It was only $30. I went home and wanted to test it out. I removed a plug and installed the tester,turned the on/off switch on, and gave it a few pulls on the rope. The best I got was 80lbs after testing several times and each time I tested I got 80. This seems low! What psi should I be looking for? Did I even test it correctly? The sled only has 2000 miles on it and runs great so there is no reason to think the compression is low! Oh, and I tested teh other side and it is only 70psi.

Last edited:
5 pulls wot cold or hot

The habor freight tester probably has a small id line and to long so reading will be low

I’d be more concerned with how far off both cylinders are then you’re tester from harbour freight?

What year make and model?

its a 2016 proX....the sled was cold and flipper was to the bar during testing. How tight does the tester need to be? I screwed it in hand tight. ....what is a normal reading? You are right about the length of the line. it is quite long!

Last edited:
THE LINE LENGTH SHOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE,THE APAPTER HAS A CK VALVE IN THE THREADED PART THAT GOES IN THE HEAD.. THERE IS ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE IN THAT HOSE, SHOULDENT MAKE A DIFFERENCE..IM GUESSING THE GAUGE ITSELF IS WHATS INACCURATE ...SHOULD EASILY BE OVER 100 WITH A GOOD GAUGE..

Back
Top Bottom