• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

CPC Adjustable Clutch Weights

Whitey

Anyone have any experience with these CPC weights?

POLARIS ADJUSTABLE CAM ARMS IMPROVED TRAIL (IT)
Improved Trail (IT) Cam Arms replicate the factory cam arm profile and shift characteristics. IT Cam Arms are de-
signed to be used in mountain and high elevation applications. IT Cam Arms up-shift and back-shift identically to
factory cam arms, except they can be adjusted for weight. IT Cam Arms match the factory weight gram for gram.
You can now adjust the weight of these cam arms in seconds by simply adding or subtracting set screws. It’s that easy!
This new generation of cam arm is manufactured specifically for the new Polaris clutch. The accessibility of this adjust-
ment can be made without the removal of the cam arms or drive belt. You can now purchase one set of cam arms and
have the ability to add up to 8 grams of weight. Each kit comes with an assortment of set screws. Adjustments are made
with the included Allen wrench.

POLARIS ADJUSTABLE CAM ARMS TURBO MAG (TM)
Turbo Mag (TM) Cam Arms are more aggressive than the factory cam arm profile and shift characteristics.TM Cam
Arms are designed to be used in aggressive trail riding and turbo charged applications. TM Cam Arms are ideal for
drag racing and have a very aggressive up-shift nature. TM Cam Arms act 5 grams heavier than the factory weight
and must be ordered 5 grams lighter weight (i.e. 70 gram TM weight acts like a factory 75 gram weight and runs at the
same RPM as a 75 gram factory cam arm weight).
You can now adjust the weight of these cam arms in seconds by simply adding or subtracting set screws. It is that easy!
This new generation of cam arm is manufactured specifically for the new Polaris clutch. The adjustment can be made
without the removal of the cam arms or drive belt. You can now purchase one set of cam arms and have the ability to
add up to 8 grams of weight. Each kit comes with an assortment of set screws. Adjustments are made with the included
Allen wrench.
CP-000-6070P 60-70 GRAM $179.95
CP-000-6575P 65-75 GRAM $179.95
CP-000-7080P 70-80 GRAM $179.95
CP-000-7585P 75-85 GRAM $179.95

THERE AGGRESSIVE FROM MID TO TOP, I BOUGHT A SET AND PUT THEM IN MY BUDDYS SKS FOR TESTING,ONLY ABOUT 250 MILES ON SLED . SLED RAN WELL

Ok. Was wondering on engagement, good belt grab? Pull hard all the way thru shiftout? Heel tucked vs. 10 series?
Back shifting should be excellent with the 5gram lighter weight.

I am upgrading my secondary to the Tied per your excellent reviews .Was looking to get an aggressive upshifting and quick back shifting primary setup to go along with the Team Tied.

Those weights are not tucked the ramp profile down by the base is like a 10 series. I like my mod weights better. Just saying. 68-63 full with 155-222 black secondary spring.might as well gear it and shim for gates belt and ma shine it for OD.

Ok thanks. Already geared, running engine mods,pipe, controller.

Looking for a harder upshift to go along with the better back shifting team. My buddy's Axys is similar, runs the team tied. I liked it alot.

Maybe it's just the high rpm horsepower vs. Mid range torque motor. Mine accelerates quickly, runs good up top, but doesn't set you back when you snap the throttle at low to mid MPH.

Ok thanks. Already geared, running engine mods,pipe, controller.

Looking for a harder upshift to go along with the better back shifting team. My buddy's Axys is similar, runs the team tied. I liked it alot.

Maybe it's just the high rpm horsepower vs. Mid range torque motor. Mine accelerates quickly, runs good up top, but doesn't set you back when you snap the throttle at low to mid MPH.
What set up do u have now??
By the sounds of it, you want better back shift??

Yes.
Installing team tied for next year. So the secondary will backshift much better. Looking for a primary setup that will keep up on the back shifting and be very aggressive on the upshift. Especially corner to corner.

Currently primary setup is BMP weights at 74.4 grams and 120/310 spring.
Secondary 50/44F and 140/220 spring.
Pulls 8400 rpm (BMP stage 3) , revs to rpm fairly quickly, but doesnt pull too aggressively. Would like the upshift to "Hit" harder.

Wondering if the more aggressive profile weight would pull harder and being lighter weight it should backshift well.

Thoughts? Experience?

Yes.
Installing team tied for next year. So the secondary will backshift much better. Looking for a primary setup that will keep up on the back shifting and be very aggressive on the upshift. Especially corner to corner.

Currently primary setup is BMP weights at 74.4 grams and 120/310 spring.
Secondary 50/44F and 140/220 spring.
Pulls 8400 rpm (BMP stage 3) , revs to rpm fairly quickly, but doesnt pull too aggressively. Would like the upshift to "Hit" harder.
The profile of the bmp are conservative and don't upshift aggresivley like the 10 series. If you want a more aggressive upshift with adjustability get Dalton's, slp, speedwerx, etc...

Wondering if the more aggressive profile weight would pull harder and being lighter weight it should backshift well.

Thoughts? Experience?

Put it this way, if you put 10-74 weights in ur sled, it would run 8000-8100 if ur lucky. Would never pull 8400. That profile is shallow mid to top.

I was wondering how the might work in an Axys 800 Switchback for fast trail......
Hey Whitey, I ran those last year the two times I went. I'm new to doing modifications but heres what I did. I geared to 1.74, 120/310 prim, 140/200 sec with 50-44full helix, and a gates belt. As I said we only went to maine twice so I didn't play around much. I got the 65g weights. The first time I rode I had a 1/2 inch weight, didn't rev enough so I switched to 1/4". Didn't rev enough so now I have no weight in them. Like I said im new to this but the sled rips. From a dead stop the couple times I launched it pointed to the sky, turning the clicker up stopped that. After we went the second time my buddy wants the same set up in his sled (same sleds) 15 rush s. I need some more time to answer technical questions. lol

Back
Top Bottom