• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Decision on Gear Ratio - Track Swap

Post an update in your findings with the gear Change. I've got a 2" in the garage and am waiting for the right snow conditions to change it from my studded cobra. I'm not sure I'll be happy on the trail with the stock 2" gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2:10 ratio is fun but really snappy. I run today for 62 miles with the 1:86 ratio and that's what's staying in it. I ran against a modded 2012 Rush 800 and as long as I was in loose snow for traction he didn't pass me at approx 750-800'. He was right on my bumper but not able to go by.
I left the secondary stock for now, put in a 120/320 Spring and Dalton adjustable 66s.
Pulled 8350-8400 all day long. I'll be adding some pins to the weights to keep it at 8250ish.

So is this the gear chart to use for an XCR with 2.52 Pitch track - what size drivers?

The actual gears, chains, and the ratio itself in the chart is correct for the XCR, but the drivers and track pitch may change the equation.

Had 2 assault in the group ran 1.79 with the 24 43

Back
Top Bottom