• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Driven clutch end play on jackshaft

BLW

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2000 RMK 800 151 1991 Ski Doo 500 2013 RMK 800 163
Hello PSP
I am new to this site and snowmobiling in general. I did a search for end play on the driven clutch and couldn't find anything so I am asking you guys. I just got a 2013 RMK 800 163 with 600 miles on it , when I got it home I stripped the plastics off and set about summerizing it. I found that the driven clutch has approximately a 1/16 of an inch of slop between it and the washer, the bolt is tight. It also slides back and forth on the jackshaft fairly freely, my question is, is this normal? Also I found one of the Carbon Fiber rods on the upper frame assembly snapped in 2, are there other things I should be looking for.
Thanks for your help in advance and forgive any Newbie mistakes please.

Hello PSP
I am new to this site and snowmobiling in general. I did a search for end play on the driven clutch and couldn't find anything so I am asking you guys. I just got a 2013 RMK 800 163 with 600 miles on it , when I got it home I stripped the plastics off and set about summerizing it. I found that the driven clutch has approximately a 1/16 of an inch of slop between it and the washer, the bolt is tight. It also slides back and forth on the jackshaft fairly freely, my question is, is this normal? Also I found one of the Carbon Fiber rods on the upper frame assembly snapped in 2, are there other things I should be looking for.
Thanks for your help in advance and forgive any Newbie mistakes please.
End play is normal. As for the carbon fibre over structure you'll have to ask a dealer about that.

Thank you sir for the input on the end play. I actually found an over structure on ebay for a good price and have that on the way, now I just need to time warp to this next winter and some fresh powder.

Back
Top Bottom