• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Electric/Manual start

minisprintracing

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Arctic Cat
Thinking of snow checking a new 850 Assault. Wondering if when ordering the electric start option, does it still come with the manual start option also? Thanks for any help!

I derailed the thread sorry. I get my sled stuck alot. Lol. How hard is this beast gonna be manual start? I was gonna order one possibly with only manual start.

I derailed the thread sorry. I get my sled stuck alot. Lol. How hard is this beast gonna be manual start? I was gonna order one possibly with only manual start.

I would think it will pull over just as easy as the 800.

FWIW Doo's that have e start standard, don't have a recoil unless you pay extra to have it installed.

Well that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Leave it up to doo to charge you for a rope and spring. I guess you can always rap rope around that clutch and hope it dont get sucked in and rip your arm off.

Yeah my ski doo wouldnt start one morning and was a bitch to start with the clutch. On another note my harley only has electric start. My polaris fourwheeler only has electric start with no rope. Gotta stay on top of that battery!

Yeah my ski doo wouldnt start one morning and was a bitch to start with the clutch. On another note my harley only has electric start. My polaris fourwheeler only has electric start with no rope. Gotta stay on top of that battery!

On my Big Bore grizzly you will pull your arm out of your socket with the pull cord. Jump pack is the only way.

Don't know about the 850, but I have a pair of 800's that I bought on purpose without electric start. Saves weight, saves money, and you don't have to maintain the battery. Both start easily with one hand on the 1st or second pull. Only if the sleds are really cold do I have to stand off to the side and give a two arm pull, and then still starts on 1 or 2 pulls every time.

Coming off my last Cat with unreliable electric start, took a chance with it on my '16 800. To date, been dead nuts reliable and has started the sled at crazy low temps (did roll over pretty slow in the minus thirtys C last yr though). Still rockin original battery, keep it hooked to a tender all summer.

My last 2 sleds at about 5000 miles both sleds have had issues my new sled wont have electric start i think they need to revamp there system and if its cold when you really need them it wont even start the sled

FWIW Doo's that have e start standard, don't have a recoil unless you pay extra to have it installed.

Is this just an Assualt thing with no recoil for pull start? My wife’s Rush came with recoil from dealer...

Is this just an Assualt thing with no recoil for pull start? My wife’s Rush came with recoil from dealer...

Never mind, miss read your post. Looks like a skidoo thing... lol

IMO To order a new sled without reverse or electric start is crazy. Just the resale part of the idea is huge let alone the convenience.

Back
Top Bottom