• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Engine Light and Oil Light On

Kingfisher

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Axys Pro RMK 163
I've had a series of issues with a brand new '16 Polaris Pro RMK since purchase. Most recently the engine light and oil light are on and the sled won't engage. Oil reservoir is full. I've applied dielectric grease to major electrical connections since this aided in solving a problem on the first ride of the season. The sled ran for 10 minutes and than once again oil and engine light came on together and sled won't move, sputters when applying throttle. EFI issue? I'll take it to dealer for diagnosis, but wondering if anyone else is running into issues. Thanks.

sounds like the Oil Reservoir switch has failed and needs replaced but not being there with my VOM , can't be sure.
gtwitch in wyoming

Thanks for the reply. I think you're right. I just had it in at the dealer and they said there was some corrosion on one of the electrical connections-they cleaned and greased, said it was fixed. Went to do a test ride and ran into the same problem. Although after disconnecting and reconnecting a handful of electrical connections (including the oil reservoir switch) the sled ran fine or seemed to. After getting back to trailer it didn't seem like the oil level had changed much at all--which would support your comment. I'll see what i can come up with here with the local dealer and post any results.

How many miles was your last ride?
If the level didn't go down much at all, that would be a major concern to me.

It was less than 10 miles, but it's still concerning. Do either of you guys know if the oil reservoir switch being faulty would prevent oil from being sent to the motor? Seems like an obvious correlation there?

If the ride was only 10 miles, you will not see much oil drop in the reservoir, Maybe 1/4 inch or less. The best way is to make a mark on the reservoir with a sharpie and then fill to the mark upon returning and measure carefully the amount put into the reservoir, then you will know the ratio if you measure the gas put in also and that ratio should be near 50(gas)to 1(oil) If 80:1 oil is to lean but If 40:1 is still OK. These are my guidlines after having engine failure at 80:1 from factory by Polaris.
gtwitch in wyoming

Back
Top Bottom